can anyone give me a few? im trying to learn some fastish solos to help me build my speed, im currently doing stairway but i'd like to do a few simultaneously. any suggestions? rock/blues style please
Pretty much any David Gilmour solo. Check out "Time" and "Money".
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Yeah David Gilmour solos. Comfortably numb kiks ass.
Also check Chuck Berry, Hendrix. Depends on your tastes really.
If you're into metal 70% of the bands have solos, if you're not there are thousands of rock bands from the '70s

"Plato is boring."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

A good course for guitar beginners/intermediates I bought years ago :
Jamorama

My covers on youtube:
Adrian22frets
Stairway to heaven is a classic.

derp.

crazy train?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by bbtemp
can anyone give me a few? im trying to learn some fastish solos to help me build my speed, im currently doing stairway but i'd like to do a few simultaneously. any suggestions? rock/blues style please

Any Metallica solo is going to be a rock/blues style solo, albeit drenched in distortion and wah beyond the point of recognition.

If you want to stick more to a blues style, you can't really go wrong with Gilmour, BB King, Jimmy Page, or Tony Iommi. Gilmour and BB King have the most expressive vibrato and bending you'll hear anywhere. It scientifically proven*. Page and Iommi are more on the rock/metal side of the spectrum and tend to play more complicated and technically challenging lines than King and Gilmour, so they're good to look at. John Mayer is a decent example of someone who uses bluesy playing in a modern context, so you might want to learn some of his songs**.

*I'm making shit up.
**This is guaranteed to get you laid.
On that note, In Repair by John Mayer is a shortish solo that has some quick runs and bluesy licks, there's a good guitar pro tab with the solo on here
Some of my personal favs:
Comf. Numb (pulse version)
On the Turning Away, Money, Another Brick in the Wall,.... pretty much any Pink Floyd/Gilmour solo is wonderful
Texas Flood - SRV
Little Wing - Hendrix
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Tom Sawyer - Rush
Different World - Iron Maiden
Jerry Was A Race Car Driver - Primus (Whole-Half Diminished scale kicks major ass)