I have a 4 ohm head and soon to have 2 8 ohm cabs. Could someone please tell me how to hook the cables up. I'm really new to this and don't know anything. I was told if I hook it in a parallel the 2 cabs will be running at 4 ohms, which is what I want so that I can get the most wattage possible. So how exactly should I hook the cables up?
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by Chunky_Lover
I have a 4 ohm head and soon to have 2 8 ohm cabs. Could someone please tell me how to hook the cables up. I'm really new to this and don't know anything. I was told if I hook it in a parallel the 2 cabs will be running at 4 ohms, which is what I want so that I can get the most wattage possible. So how exactly should I hook the cables up?

what head (sounds like a solid state head)? is there 2 speaker outs on the back of the head?

if so, just hook both speakers to the 2 speaker out jacks on the back of the head (the speaker out jacks are connected in parallel).

if there aren't 2 speaker out jacks on the head, then you can try to daisy chaining the cabs. this only works if you cabs have 2 jacks, like these

(pull out your magnifying glass)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
what head (sounds like a solid state head)? is there 2 speaker outs on the back of the head?

if so, just hook both speakers to the 2 speaker out jacks on the back of the head (the speaker out jacks are connected in parallel).

if there aren't 2 speaker out jacks on the head, then you can try to daisy chaining the cabs. this only works if you cabs have 2 jacks, like these

(pull out your magnifying glass)

Yeah it's solid state.. and that's what I thought. So just run one cable from the first jack to 1 cab and the other cable out of the other jack to the other cab? And this will give me 4 ohms from each cab?

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Quote by Chunky_Lover
Yeah it's solid state.. and that's what I thought. So just run one cable from the first jack to 1 cab and the other cable out of the other jack to the other cab? And this will give me 4 ohms from each cab?

yes, running one cabinet out the 1st speaker jack and the other cab out the 2nd speaker jack will wire the 2 cabinets in parallel and the amp will see a 4 ohm load.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Alright thanks a lot :p

Quote by GuitarHero0715