Page 1 of 4
Im sure theres been tons of these threads before, but recently, one of my lifelong best friends came out of the closet. He only came out to a few people (girls, and select "art school" friends), but by word of mouth, ive heard and confirmed he's gay. Although he didnt tell me, or any of my friends directly, im not hurt by that, on the contrary i completely understand.

Personally, i have nothing at all against homosexuality. Actually, i know some gay dudes that are downright hilarious, so of course im not gonna think differently of him. Even hanging out the other day, he was like the same old guy. The only weird thing is, i dont know if he knows, that we all know he came out. He was talking about moving to california to kinda start a new chapter in his life, and i made a quip about how same sex marriage is legal here in new york now. he gave an awkward chuckle.

Anyway, i guess to give this post meaning, how have you guys (and gals) handled the coming out of a close friend?

tl:dr, friend is gay, doesnt know we (my friends) know, wants to move to cali.
DECRESCENDO
Sleep with him.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Had this situation happen to my friend a year ago. He had a rough time when his dad found out. I knew he was having a rough time so I just tried to be supportive.
give him a hug and say you'll always be there for him.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Just tell him "Hey, I don't want you to be upset, and I totally support you, but I heard you came out."
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
he was always gay.[/argue semantics]

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Ask him when the last time he got some pussy was and if he says any time recently respond with, "YOU ******Y FAG LIAR YOU LIE TO ME"
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Why is art school in quotes? Is it really art school or is it one of those TV art institute things?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Probably a code for other gay kids. Many kids in art school are homosexual from what I've seen.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by offspring_punk
Ask him when the last time he got some pussy was and if he says any time recently respond with, "YOU ******Y FAG LIAR YOU LIE TO ME"

Do this TS.

Please?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
One of my closest friends was struggling with his sexual identity recently, it was hard to see him that upset, ended up losing his girlfriend over it. Shit sucks.
last.fm[/url}
Sit him down. Tell him you know he's gay and that he came out of the closet. Tell him it doesn't bother you. Then tell him if he ever hits on you that you will not be his friend.

That is how I would handle it. Just be honest with him.
hm, it's never happened to me, but my dad's childhood friend came out I guess after high school or something. He said he had no problem with it.

I don't know how I would handle it. It would probably be kinda weird at first though.

The only problem I could see is if they started acting way differently, because then it's like you are hanging out with a different person.

I would still try to support them though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by element4433
Why is art school in quotes? Is it really art school or is it one of those TV art institute things?

I think it means he watches Bob Ross.
Quote by Jako215
Sit him down. Tell him you know he's gay and that he came out of the closet. Tell him it doesn't bother you. Then tell him if he ever hits on you that you will not be his friend.

That is how I would handle it. Just be honest with him.

Except don't say the last thing, 'cuz 1) he's not gonna hit on you if he knows yr straight 2) don't flatter yrself, maybe yr not his type anyway 3) you'll sound like a confrontational asshole, which won't help.
Super close friend of mine went from being "asexual" (which I thought was bullshit) to "bisexual" (which I thought was slightly less bullshit), but what pissed me off was the way he handled it. He was "drunk" and "accidentally" sent a mass text out to dozens of people about it... then he got mad when he found out other people knew. It was just a really immature thing to do, especially when almost everybody already assumed he wasn't pitching entirely straight.
The only solution is to socially exclude him until he kills himself. I'm all for individualism, but people that are different like that are just not natural!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by WCPhils
hm, it's never happened to me, but my dad's childhood friend came out I guess after high school or something. He said he had no problem with it.

I don't know how I would handle it. It would probably be kinda weird at first though.

The only problem I could see is if they started acting way differently, because then it's like you are hanging out with a different person.

I would still try to support them though

You do know that gay people are capable of realizing that straight people aren't interested in them, right?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Except don't say the last thing, 'cuz 1) he's not gonna hit on you if he knows yr straight 2) don't flatter yrself, maybe yr not his type anyway 3) you'll sound like a confrontational asshole, which won't help.

(1) The gay will probably try to turn him (2) they'll sit on anything with a penis (3) you have to be assertive with them.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
You do know that gay people are capable of realizing that straight people aren't interested in them, right?
Popular myth, but that's actually not true.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
he was always gay.[/argue semantics]

This.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by HelpTravesty
One of my closest friends was struggling with his sexual identity recently, it was hard to see him that upset, ended up losing his girlfriend over it. Shit sucks.

Wouldn't he have lost his girlfriend anyway?
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
(1) The gay will probably try to turn him (2) they'll sit on anything with a penis (3) you have to be insertive with them.

FIXED.
Quote by CrabSoldier X
Im sure theres been tons of these threads before, but recently, one of my lifelong best friends came out of the closet. He only came out to a few people (girls, and select "art school" friends), but by word of mouth, ive heard and confirmed he's gay. Although he didnt tell me, or any of my friends directly, im not hurt by that, on the contrary i completely understand.

Personally, i have nothing at all against homosexuality. Actually, i know some gay dudes that are downright hilarious, so of course im not gonna think differently of him. Even hanging out the other day, he was like the same old guy. The only weird thing is, i dont know if he knows, that we all know he came out. He was talking about moving to california to kinda start a new chapter in his life, and i made a quip about how same sex marriage is legal here in new york now. he gave an awkward chuckle.

Anyway, i guess to give this post meaning, how have you guys (and gals) handled the coming out of a close friend?

tl:dr, friend is gay, doesnt know we (my friends) know, wants to move to cali.

So, dude can be a rapist but if he's funny you're still cool with him?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Guitarman015
So, dude can be a rapist but if he's funny you're still cool with him?
As long as they don't try and get all rapey with me bro, I'm cool with whatever.
I see being gay just as important as choosing what to eat that day or anything menial like that. I just don't think it should be an issue that should make people even bat an eye lid at.

I get that it is a struggle to get the courage to be open about it, and I appreciate that. Especially if that person is really suffering keeping it a secret.

I just think its sad that it even should be an issue. I like to think love is blind and all that
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Zoot Allures
If hitler was nice to you would you be okay with him murdering millions of people as long as he was cool with you?

That sounds like you are saying that all homosexuals are prone to raping people

I get what you are saying but careful buddy
"Ladies and gents."

Quote by Zoot Allures
If this isn't sarcasm you should die in a fire.

Oh please Zoot, of course it is.
Quote by Zoot Allures
If hitler was nice to you would you be okay with him murdering millions of people as long as he was cool with you?
I was parodying the whole "I don't mind gay people as long as they don't try and get gay with me" shtick.
Quote by due 07
I was parodying the whole "I don't mind gay people as long as they don't try and get gay with me" shtick.

Hehe sctick.

Yeah I read back and got it that way too. I apologise for the doubt. Forgive me kind sir?
"Ladies and gents."

Page 1 of 4