Page 1 of 9
So i've been playing guitar for about 2 years, took lessons for half a year then self taught myself quiet abit, so im not that extreme, but anything with abit of a challenge would be nice

for an idea, some of the bands i listen to arer

-adept
-asking alexandria
-a day to remember
-we came as romans
-memphis may fire
-woe, is me

and so on :P

thanks
Dark Horse - Converge

They're really similar to We Came as Romans, but kinda have some Asking Alexandria influence too. You should check them out.
Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me

This band was heavily influenced by ADTR, simple but heavy and energetic. Good for your intermediate guitarist.
last.fm[/url}
Tune to (at least) Drop C, set your metronome to sixteenth notes, and play a syncopated rhythm on the C powerchord. That's basically the metalcore formula.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I always thought they were more inspired by Bring Me the Horizon, but I can definitely see the WCAR.

Botch - C. Thomas Howell

These guys are also heavily influenced by WCAR, they even named their album after them.
Quote by blake1221
Dark Horse - Converge

They're really similar to We Came as Romans, but kinda have some Asking Alexandria influence too. You should check them out.
They're kinda dark.
Quote by Amaseng
There's this band called Attack Attack!, they're brutal as shit
hahahahahahahaha
Quote by imagtarhero
composure by august burns red is awesome

sick song!! but that looks beyond hard to play lmao :P
Quote by blake1221
lol asking alexandria
just stand up and scream! Final Episode haha

No joke, at practice between me and my drummer the other day, we played through most of that song first try. No prior practice or knowledge of how to play it. I felt hollow.
Is this Deja Vu? Didn't we JUST have a similar thread?

Anyway, learn David De La Hoz by The Chariot. It's pretty simple to learn by ear and fun to play.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by blake1221

No joke, at practice between me and my drummer the other day, we played through most of that song first try. No prior practice or knowledge of how to play it. I felt hollow.

last.fm[/url}
TS's taste in music sucks. Just thought I'd add that.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
I would say the final episode or when everyday is the weekend by asking Alexandria are fun to play.
Quote by synestershadows
TS's taste in music sucks. Just thought I'd add that.

Hey if you don't like them that's fine, but some of us do like some of these band's. So why not just keep your comment's to yourself.
Quote by Austin174
Hey if you don't like them that's fine, but some of us do like some of these band's. So why not just keep your comment's to yourself.

Because it's an open forum and voicing your opinion is what you're fucking supposed to do.

And those bands really aren't too good.
So to you they suck, to some of us we like them. They have thread's for these band's, there is no need to bring it here when he was just asking for some song's to play.
Quote by Austin174
So to you they suck, to some of us we like them. They have thread's for these band's, there is no need to bring it here when he was just asking for some song's to play.
You misunderstand. This is the hardcore forum. We need to make fun of bands we don't like; it's our lifeblood.
No I know that. They have thread's for these band's to voice our opinion in, the guy was just asking for fun song's to play. So if someone want's to diss a band go do it in the thread for that band, not in this guy's thread.
Yeah's but's sometime's it's just's more's convenient's to's patronize's them's here's.

And go ahead bump those threads, it'll only be worse there.
Ya I know it will because that's what they are there for. Not this guy's thread when he asked a simple question, not oh they suck or your taste in music suck's.
I didn't even say they sucked, I just said they're not that good. Subjectivity to the side, there are far superior musical acts.

And I've been helpful to TS by suggesting great metalcore songs.
I know you have bro don't sweat it. Just some people want a simple answer not everything else lol. But do you have any more song's to throw out, I kind of need some new song's to learn as well as TS.
Quote by Austin174
Ya I know it will because that's what they are there for. Not this guy's thread when he asked a simple question, not oh they suck or your taste in music suck's.

No because they're taste in music sucks they must be mocked and patronized and their thread destroyed. At the same time though, usually they'll get some recs for some decent bands and gain the chance to better themselves.
I'm an asshole.
Yes I know that, but the TS will like who he like's weather someone say's this or that. Also no because the TS like's band's some don't does not mean he has to be hated on criticized for what he like's either.

Does that mean that I don't like country I should go an tell every single person or criticize every person who does no? So the TS should not be getting flamed or disrespectful comment's cause he likes a band someone else don't.
Last edited by Austin174 at Jul 7, 2011,
He should get flamed because he likes shitty bands, yea sounds about right.
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by Austin174
Does that mean that I don't like country I should go an tell every single person or criticize every person who does no? So the TS should not be getting flamed or disrespectful comment's cause he likes a band someone else don't.

But this argument isn't criticizing the genre as a whole. Just the bands that the ts listed because they suck compared to good metalcore bands.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by lookpizza
He should get flamed because he likes shitty bands, yea sounds about right.

Quote by Kyle<3
Yea, but hopefully he won't like bad music as much anymore.

Betterment through belittlement.

The Hardcore Forum Motto.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jul 7, 2011,