So just got a Peavey XXX amp but it didnt come with a footswitch so i was wondering if i could use my GT as a footswitch if so how would i set it up? im sorry fo the stupid question
Peavey XXX
B-52 AT 100
Peavey XXl cab
Boss Gt10
Jackson dinky
PRS Paul Alender SE
You need something like a Mini Amp Gizmo. I've also been researching this lately, and the footswitch jacks that Peavey uses aren't actually MIDI, but some other weird thing, so you need the Amp Gizmo to convert that jack to the MIDI jack that is on your MFX.

It's costly, but it's a really ****ing awesome setup if you have your channel switching integrated with the FX/EQ of the GT10. If you do do that, your rig will be almost exactly what I'm gassing hard for right now (except I want a 3120, not a XXX.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by Offworld92
You need something like a Mini Amp Gizmo. I've also been researching this lately, and the footswitch jacks that Peavey uses aren't actually MIDI, but some other weird thing, so you need the Amp Gizmo to convert that jack to the MIDI jack that is on your MFX.

It's costly, but it's a really ****ing awesome setup if you have your channel switching integrated with the FX/EQ of the GT10. If you do do that, your rig will be almost exactly what I'm gassing hard for right now (except I want a 3120, not a XXX.)

+1

http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php
I think they make a cable for the XXX.

For reference this is how the footswitch socket is wired up.

Pin 1. +17VDC supply to pedal
Pin 2. not used
Pin 3. Ground this pin to detect footswitch
Pin 4. Ground/Common
Pin 5. Clean/Bypass
Pin 6. Ultra/Crunch
Pin 7. Effects
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
thanks for the help guys i think im just ganna hunt down the matching foot switch buying the amp broke me lol
Peavey XXX
B-52 AT 100
Peavey XXl cab
Boss Gt10
Jackson dinky
PRS Paul Alender SE
Recommended threads
6505 Footswitch
peavey6505+user
Last post:
by Mathamology