its funny cause i listen to a lot of punk rock and im in a punk band and my badnmates always gives me this weird wtf look when i tell them about how cool early emo sounded, i mean there were some pretty awesome bands in the early 2000´s, saves the day, taking back sunday´s first album, the middle by jimmy eat world (which i still consider more power pop than emo) and so many other great bands and songs that were never truly heard as much, i always found it stupid how people hated emo for no good reason and focused only on the cliques or the crappy mainstream bands, anyway just had to let that out
Yeah, nah.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Nothing about Jimmy Eat World is emo or power pop.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Saves The Day was cooler in the '90s when they sounded like Lifetime.

I showed my friend 'Hey Catrine' by Lifetime and he responded with "Emo Green Day?"

I also like Green day.

Quote by gquady09
Nothing about Jimmy Eat World is emo or power pop.
Nuh-uh.
Wait, are you agreeing with me? I don't quite understand the context of your comment.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I'm saying Jimmy Eat World is, at the very least, a guitar-pop group very closely associated with emo. Clarity is as good as it gets.
Quote by due 07
I listened to Clarity after I posted in this thread. What an album.

you know what I haven't listened that in ages, Im gonna run that while I clean out my car today!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
This thread is boring. TS clearly doesn't know what emo really is and no one is ripping him apart for it
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!