Poll: Does the joke option help your poll?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does the joke option help your poll?
Yes
9 8%
No
24 22%
Only sometimes
12 11%
Chewbacca.
63 58%
Voters: 108.
I was thinking that almost everyone seems to add a joke option to polls. I know I've often been tempted to select "penis wrinkle" as my option when faced with the controversial moral dilemmas you pitmonkeys put forth.

I wonder if this actually produces better results with the real options, since the joke option weeds out the people who are more apt to lie/create a penis poll/etc.

Basically, you ignore the joke option and only look at the results of the real ones.

Discuss.
Balls.
I sincerely interpret the joke option into a serious option and if it works I vote for it.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Your joke option sucks ass, man.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Gosh dangit. YOU tricked me into using that poll..... Im watching you buddy!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Momentosis
Your joke option sucks ass, man.

Then you sir, are without a soul.
Balls.
Rorrrowwwa!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I never find the joke option funny, also it makes the poll inaccurate as far as the serious options are concerned.
sunbather is shit
It may weed people out that would skew the results, but they're never funny to me and I just generally don't like them. Although I did almost click this one just because Star Wars.
CHEWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
CHEWBACCAAAAAAA
(RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR)
CH CH CH CH CHEWBACCAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CHEWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Since joke options are stupid the joke option in this poll is "yes". Now what, biiaatch?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't see how putting a completely unrelated option in a poll that people will pick because they perhaps find it humorous will result better in more accurate poll results.

Unless it somehow lures away all the people who would pick any option in the poll just for the fun of it, but that seems unlikely for most polls.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Chewbacca is the only relevent answer to your question
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by beefcake122
I never find the joke option funny, also it makes the poll inaccurate as far as the serious options are concerned.

This guy is right. Joke options distort the accuracy of Pit polls and render the entire body of quantitative data generated thereby unreliable.

Anyways, like most things in the Pit, the joke polls are only funny about 3% of the time.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I put joke options because I don't think the poll matters very much anyway. I'm always more interested in the actual discussion so, yes, penis wrinkle.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.