Page 1 of 5
This summer has become an exceptionally shitty one for me. I've gotten to the point where I burn myself sometimes when I feel bad. I'm on the verge of trying various drugs to numb me out or make me feel something. Should I keep going or should I stop now and try to do something and make a change?
ಠ_ಠ
Watch Yes Man. Follow the movie. Live happily ever after.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
You: "Golly gee don't I feel down."
You: *burns yourself on purpose*
You: "Man I totally feel better because that makes sense golly gee."
Quote by stefanomire
This summer has become an exceptionally shitty one for me. I've gotten to the point where I burn myself sometimes when I feel bad. I'm on the verge of trying various drugs to numb me out or make me feel something. Should I keep going or should I stop now and try to do something and make a change?

NO YOU SHOULDN'T KEEP GOING!
Get help, dude. :\

There's no shame in that. And remember, no matter how bad things suck, there's always someone worse off.

I tend to worry a lot, and a friend of mine recently said this:

Her: Are those worries paying rent for your headspace?
Me:.. No..
Her: Then tell 'em to gtfo.

I thought it was a valid point.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Quote by stefanomire
Are you asking us if you should keep burning yourself?

I don't think you should. You should try and find help. Talk to a friend or a parent of something. Maybe even a psychiatrist or something.
Quote by FirstDegree

There's no shame in that. And remember, no matter how bad things suck, there's always someone worse off.

Ignore that. Don't let anyone try to delegitimize your issues. Yeah, you've got problems. That sucks, and I feel for you. But they most likely have solutions. You've got to focus on making things better rather than accepting the shit in your life. It's hard, I know, and sometimes sitting on your couch may just feel better than fixing the shit. But you can't let yourself spiral out of control. That'll make everything so much worse.
the burning, its not with a lighter. its a friction burn. rubbing myself untill i burn through the skin. i wont cut myself. i only burned myself twice. i get the burning but what about the drugs? i want to feel something, anything at all
ಠ_ಠ
You've already admitted that you need help, then go get help! get it from someone who knows what they're doing instead of asking the pit (as you can see we're not much help). Though assuming you're sincere this probably was just a way for you to admit the problem to the public without real consequence, but now thats out the way go get a proffessional. good luck
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
I've heard stabbing yourself in the heart feels like something

You're an asshole. **** off.
You should stop now, and seek professional help. It isn't too late to make a change, seriously.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
I've heard stabbing yourself in the heart feels like something
Don't be a fucking prick.

Quote by stefanomire
the burning, its not with a lighter. its a friction burn. rubbing myself untill i burn through the skin. i wont cut myself. i only burned myself twice. i get the burning but what about the drugs? i want to feel something, anything at all
How you burn yourself is largely irrelevant to the issue at hand. I don't think you should turn to drugs try and solve emotional problems. It's a really easy downward spiral from there.
How old are you?

Nothing's wrong with you, you live in ****ing America. You can do whatever the **** you want. You live in Louisiana, go fondle some blacks.
Quote by trueamerican
Ignore that. Don't let anyone try to delegitimize your issues. Yeah, you've got problems. That sucks, and I feel for you. But they most likely have solutions. You've got to focus on making things better rather than accepting the shit in your life. It's hard, I know, and sometimes sitting on your couch may just feel better than fixing the shit. But you can't let yourself spiral out of control. That'll make everything so much worse.

Who said anything about delegitimizing or spiraling out of control?

Being grateful for the good things you DO have never killed anyone. :\
Get out more and hang out with friends or make some. Sitting around at home will only make you more depressed. And you shouldn't burn yourself
Quote by stefanomire
i've thought about help, but i just don't know whats wrong with me

That is why you should go to a professional who sees stuff like this all the time (psychiatrist, neurologist maybe etc). They will be able to help you man. I've been in some pretty dark places, there are people much worse off than me, but still I've felt pretty damn bad at times, it feels like you can't escape it, but you can be helped and get better.
Last edited by Msword7 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by stefanomire

Drugs will not accomplish that for you.

Hang out with your friends and people you love. If you find youre running low on those sorts of people, then get out there and meet new ones. This is why when I said "Join a gym," I was actually giving decent advice!

but.... Maybe that's not the reason you're feeling down. What you need to do if that's not the case is identify why you're feeling low. If there really is no reason, then you should seek help because it's probably depression.
Balls.
Quote by stefanomire
Maybe if you talk things out with people, you'll find out what's wrong. Just give it a shot.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
How old are you?

Nothing's wrong with you, you live in ****ing America. You can do whatever the **** you want. You live in Louisiana, go fondle some blacks.

reporting you man
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
How old are you?

Seriously, fuck right off or I'll report you for flaming.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Quote by stefanomire

There may be something wrong, there may not be. You may be clinically depressed, or you could be going through a rough patch. But spiraling out of control makes everything worse.

Often people spiral out of control because:
1. they think nobody would care if they died/were in some shit
2. they want to provoke a reaction and get attention, any kind of attention at all

Look man, I don't know you, so I'm not going to try to sugarcoat anything, because that won't help you. I bet there are people that care about you. Whether they're friends or family, I don't know. But there probably are people who care. Go to them. Talk to them about your shit. Get help. There's no point in being a brave, silent soldier who keeps it all inside.
i know im depressed for certains things in my life, but this isnt about this. i just feel empty and i hurt mysleft sometimes to feel something. i have no clue whats wrong with me.
ಠ_ಠ
Depression often makes you feel empty inside. It can be a symptom. And it kind of tricks you into thinking you're not depressed.

To be clear, I'm not saying that's what it is, but it could be.
Quote by stefanomire
i know im depressed for certains things in my life, but this isnt about this. i just feel empty and i hurt mysleft sometimes to feel something. i have no clue whats wrong with me.

you keep saying you don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm telling you man, here's some of the best advice I can give you. Go to a psychologist and explain what is going on, they will know how to help you. That is their job. Your 16 or so, if you're in high school you could even start by talking to your school nurse or psychiatrist etc. These people want to help you, as do I. They are there to help you.
there's one thing that really bothers me, i don't think its the cause of this all but it could be. you be the judge
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire

The thing is, you're aware that hurting yourself is a bad idea. And you're aware drugs are a bad idea... but they're both methods of trying to make it better.

Before you cave into something that's going to hurt you more, try fixing it with something positive. The gym is good if you're into that sort of thing. Or going out with friends. If those things aren't possible or aren't your cup 'o' tea, then I'd say sit down with a therapist or even a crisis line. You might be surprised the relief that just talking gives you.
Quote by stefanomire
there's one thing that really bothers me, i don't think its the cause of this all but it could be. you be the judge

What is it? We're anonymous people, and none of us know you personally, so there's no downside to sharing.
Don't turn to drugs, from my experience it will solve nothing. I pretty much became dependent on alcohol during a rough patch of my life, I've started to kick that now but now I'm shifting to cigarettes. Once you start, it's just a chain of dependencies.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by trueamerican
What is it? We're anonymous people, and none of us know you personally, so there's no downside to sharing.

its so wimpy and gay and bitchy and teenage like so im sure its not the cause, it just bothers me and i would like to get it off my ball sack.

this past year i've had 8 girlfriends total. every last one lasted less than a week. my friends on the other hand seem to have no problems finding girls to be with and have really long relationships. im still a virgin and hardly anyone else is. it bothers the **** out of me but i know its no the cause.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire

That's pathetic, the pit is ACTUALLY trying to help you and you're all like

"Okay the problem is... nevermind, that can be the problem, or may be not, maybe you know, so tell me what to do"

edit:

If that's what you call a problem... I'm not sure whether you will be suicidal at the later stages of your life
Last edited by Zeletros at Jul 6, 2011,
Why the hell would you post this here? The only actual weakness you could be suffering from is being too weak to ask for help from the people that have the means to provide it for you, like your family and friends.

Go do that instead of stalling and seeing what a bunch of self important morons think.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Why the hell would you post this here? The only actual weakness you could be suffering from is being too weak to ask for help from the people that have the means to provide it for you, like your family and friends.

Go do that instead of stalling and seeing what a bunch of self important morons think.

you see my good sir, the pit is full of people i do not know. you all give me completely unbiased opinions because you don't know me. i would much rather that than people like "oh stefano, i know you, its okay" saying stuff like that just to avoid it, you all chose to answer
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Zeletros
That's pathetic, the pit is ACTUALLY trying to help you and you're all like

"Okay the problem is... nevermind, that can be the problem, or may be not, maybe you know, so tell me what to do"

edit:

If that's what you call a problem... I'm not sure whether you will be suicidal at the later stages of your life

You are seriously contradicting your sig right now.

Firstly, he said that that might not be the issue. It sounds like he has some form of depression, which can be chemical as well as circumstantial. Secondly, even if it was due to that, different people react to different circumstances in different ways. Who are you to judge what is or isn't a pathetic problem? Everyone has a breaking point.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 5