Poll: Do you have anything against gays?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have anything against gays?
Yes
46 10%
No
411 85%
Undecided / other (explain in post)
24 5%
Voters: 481.
Page 1 of 10
Well do ya? Inspired by the recent thread that person made about his best friend being gay and seeing some of the posts in there. I'll make this thread with a poll so we can see what everyone says.
Applys to any non straight sexual orientation you can think of btw if you like , just in order to stop this going into a discussion about 'what about bisexual people?!' etc.
No.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Only if they're the obnoxiously flamboyant type who turn their sexual orientation into their entire personality.
Check out my band Disturbed
Yes, a restraining order.
But seriously, no. They're totally cool by me.
Member of the Laney Cult
Yes I do have something against gays.

One of them once criticised my sense of style/dance in front of my friends, and I never got over the humiliation.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
My genitals
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
No
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
My best friend's a lesbian, so no

Quote by StewieSwan
Only if they're the obnoxiously flamboyant type who turn their sexual orientation into their entire personality.

Also this, because I just don't find those sorts of people fun to be around.
Last edited by JetPackBlues at Jul 6, 2011,
Yes, I do have a problem with gays. They are leading an immoral lifestyle that degrades family values. I feel that they are leading to the moral degradation of society. I feel that these evil people need to be fixed in anyway possible so they don't leak their filth into the heads of our children.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Zoot Allures
Do you think that's just because of social conditioning due to the era you grew up in though?

I would imagine. I only met one gay person in my 20 years. Most offensive flamer (not to be a dick... but he was the definition of flamer)... hugged me, then kissed my buddy's wife.

Maybe that scarred me...

EDIT - also, I know what it is at the very core, and it's just nasty to me.

EDIT Again - not trying to offend anyone... but still.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Yes, I do have a problem with gays. They are leading an immoral lifestyle that degrades family values. I feel that they are leading to the moral degradation of society. I feel that these evil people need to be fixed in anyway possible so they don't leak their filth into the heads of our children.

I guess this wouldn't be the best time to tell you that gay folks made the first t-shirt.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by Dirge Humani
Holy shit you are an idiot who can't see blatant sarcasm and humor.

Ever consider he might not be sarcastic? Sarcasm is hard to tell through the internet due to the lack of tone of voice, unless you're really laying it on really really thick like Irish Punk. There are people in the world and on this forum who do hold those views about gay people too, so that's why i replied like i did.

edit: oh look? Am i meant to treat every reply with a controversial opinion as sarcasm now?
Quote by Skynyrd890
I would imagine. I only met one gay person in my 20 years. Most offensive flamer (not to be a dick... but he was the definition of flamer)... hugged me, then kissed my buddy's wife.

Maybe that scarred me...

EDIT - also, I know what it is at the very core, and it's just nasty to me.

A lot of people hug each other to be fair, but regardless of all that, you gotta remember that was 1 person. There are straight guys who act like total dickheads towards women and say / do inappropriate stuff too but i know it's not due to their straightness, it's due to them being nasty people (i'm sure you know what i mean), a lot of people are not very nice regardless of their sexual preferences, the difference is that gays will be likley to be stereotyped because it's still a controversial thing in some parts of the world.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by Dirge Humani
Holy shit you are an idiot who can't see blatant sarcasm and humor.
There were plenty of posts that weren't 'blatant sarcasm'.

EDIT: @ the penis poll.
I said other, even though it's pretty much now. But:

Quote by StewieSwan

This I agree with.

And when I see two guys doing PDA I find it a bit weird, but then I find any PDA uncool so I dunno if it's really anything specifically related to it being done by gays. And it's never that I see it and think it's wrong or anything on those lines. So yea, I don't have a problem with gays, but occassionally I feel, uncomfortable?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't get people's problem with camp or flamboyant gays. How dare people act how they want to, eh?
Quote by smb
I don't get people's problem with camp or flamboyant gays. How dare people act how they want to, eh?
It's especially lame, because most people have no problem with flamboyantly straight behavior.
Quote by smb

I don't have a problem with them, they can just get annoying. Like anyone can
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
No. I dont have a problem with them. However, I have a MASSIVE problem with people who look down on them, and I really cannot stand those places that try and turn gay people straight. Also, I hate how the christian union at a certain university stands outside the student union on Gay night and preachers how immoral homosexuality is. The thing is, the university wont do a thing because of "freedom of speech" but surely, this is hate speech?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by due 07

I guess this wouldn't be the best time to tell you that gay folks made the first t-shirt.

Don't even get me started on the T-shirt. They are destroying the good Christian values that my society was founded on by making it seem like it's okay to run around like hooligans wearing T-shirts and jeans.
I also have a problem with the fact that gays are trying to corrupt the youth with that rock n roll music. Not only was gay culture a massive part of that rock n roll movement(Ex. Little Richard), but they're mixing black culture(Ex. the blues) and white culture(Ex. country music) and teaching our children that it's okay to mix cultures. I won't go any deeper into this because it may get me banned from this site.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by smb

They're free to act however they want, just as I'm free to find over-exuberance annoying, regardless of sexual orientation.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Jul 6, 2011,
I don't really aprove gays, but having only met one in my life can't allow me to have a proper opinion. He wasn't bad, you could see he was gay by his clothes, look and by saying "some stupid heterosexuals ... ", but maybe he was also sarcastic.

I certainly do not aprove on them having a child, I think that wouldn't be good for the little one. Imagine the humiliation in school...
Quote by smb

It's just as annoying as straight guys who have to let you know how straight they are every 5 minutes.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Don't even get me started on the T-shirt. They are destroying the good Christian values that my society was founded on by making it seem like it's okay to run around like hooligans wearing T-shirts and jeans.
I also have a problem with the fact that gays are trying to corrupt the youth with that rock n roll music. Not only was gay culture a massive part of that rock n roll movement(Ex. Little Richard), but they're mixing black culture(Ex. the blues) and white culture(Ex. country music) and teaching our children that it's okay to mix cultures. I won't go any deeper into this because it may get me banned from this site.
See, my biggest qualm is that the God damned liberal media is promoting homosexuality, so many good, God-fearing kids are choosing to partake in homosexual activities. It is, after all, 100% a choice.