Ey. So, I have a problem - I'm developing along quite nicely as a guitarist, but I don't really have anyone to play with. I have a fair few friends who play guitar, but none of them like the type of music that really interests me(groove blues/r&b - early dire straits, jj cale, etc.) They all only like metal. I used to play in a band, but we played very hard rock, which I was never really interested with. I guess I know a few guys who don't mind blues, but they aren't motivated enough to really get something going. It's really frustrating, when I'm at a jam and all anyone wants to play is metal, then I turn the amp to clean and everyone says "clean is gay."

How do I solve this?
Current Gear:
2010 American Fender Stratocaster Deluxe White
Oakridge Resonator
Maton Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic

Peavey Envoy 110(40 watt)
Yep new people. Sydney's a top place for musos. Check out fasterlouder.com.au or the like.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I have the same problem. I love blues and folk-rock, but everyone in my town is absolutely obsessed with metal and 80's rock. What I did was got two other musicians who aren't that into music. My Bassist barely listens to music, so we never have any arguments on what to play, and my drummer is a guy that's kinda into Metallica, but doesn't have much of a passion for music in general. Granted this method probably sounds like it would be incredibly boring (it kinda is), when we jam, we really, and i mean really jam.
I think we all live in the same town.

People here seem to only want to play some form of metal too. Have you tried Craigslist yet? I haven't really had any luck yet with it, but it could be a starting point.