hi,

ive been looking at an marshall avt 150h valvestate 2000 valve drive amp cab and am wanting 2 know is it any good for rock/metal

thanks
I would imagine it would do just fine - play on one and see as they seem to be either loved (for the price) or hated (for the solid state portions).
Meh is what I think. Simply meh.

Where are you located, and what is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well it £325 and i have messaged the guy who is selling it and he says it great fot metal as the overdrive channel can get really distorted
I've got an AVT 100 and have played the AVT 150h. I'd agree with meh, they are nothing special.

I would ask other people here for alternatives as I don't really know much about that price range.
What kind of tones are you going for/ bands you want to sound like?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by metal head 1
well it £325 and i have messaged the guy who is selling it and he says it great fot metal as the overdrive channel can get really distorted

Really distorted =/= great for metal.

Do you gig/intend to gig with a band? Or are you just a bedroom player?
Valvestates are one of the worst amps ever foisted upon an unsuspecting public. You may as well buy an MG.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well hoping 2 gig when i find a singer for my band lol, but i need an upgrade for when that time comes, as i have a marsahll mg50 which us shit, and am looking fir metal and rock tones(ac/dc, maiden, twisted sister etc)
Go for a Peavey Windsor. Really really great amp for British rock/metal tones on a tight budget. You'll probably want a Boss SD-1 to go with that too.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Don't get it, it's crap. Of course he'll say it's good, he wants you to buy it. For that price you could probably buy a used Laney VC50 combo (NOT THE SAME AS A VC30, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT), they're excellent amps. Same drive channel as the GH100L/VH100R which is used by bands like Opeth, Freak Kitchen, Mastodon (I think) and some others.
Member of the Laney Cult
Try this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

It isn't an upgrade from your MG. Answer ^^those questions and people will be able to recommend something better (which wouldn't be hard).
There was an 8100 in my jam room for quite some time and they are one of the better valvestates. Even running it through the best 2x12 I've ever used (Soldano) couldn't make it sound useable. Truly hoorible amp. All the things people hate about SS amps (buzzy, nasaly, grainy, unresponsive) the valvestate has in spades. I really can't express how truly dreadful they are.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Look dude, if you're set on an AVT and not that interested in our opinions, get it. But rest assured, you can definitely do better for your money. Marshall isn't that great of a brand these days, especially their cheap stuff.
Member of the Laney Cult