Okay, I need a new guitar processor. Not something overly big and expensive.

Requirements:

1) Must sound good if connected to speakers/line-in/PA so that I can record it easily, basically can emulate amps

I've looked into some mention in some other posts like RP355, Line 6 POD HD 300 and others in such price range. Personally I like RP355 most.

Just wanted to know how good it is.

Share experience!
Last edited by Zeletros at Jul 6, 2011,
The rp355 is awesome, I would defeantly get it. If you want to spend $60 more you could get a pod hd300 which would be even better. Do you want it for the effects, amp modeling, distortions, or for everything?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Boss GT-10 if you play high gain stuffs and need tons of quality effects.

Vox Tonelab LE if you play classic stuffs (can also do classic metal) and need a warm and more natural sound.
Quote by kutless999
The rp355 is awesome, I would defeantly get it. If you want to spend $60 more you could get a pod hd300 which would be even better. Do you want it for the effects, amp modeling, distortions, or for everything?

Everything, I write a few genres, but I use many sounds.

Judging by what I saw on youtube I really like rp355 more than the POD hd, it's also cheaper and smaller, which would be convenient.

Edit:

I want to spend as less as possible while retaining good quality, I can add effects myself as I have some pedals for that and my program allows such
forget abouth boss... personally i dislike their multi effects..

Get Vox Tonelab or Zoom G9-G7

Zooms ar really cheap those days

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
Quote by Zeletros
Everything, I write a few genres, but I use many sounds.

Judging by what I saw on youtube I really like rp355 more than the POD hd, it's also cheaper and smaller, which would be convenient.

Edit:

I want to spend as less as possible while retaining good quality, I can add effects myself as I have some pedals for that and my program allows such

Yeah, you'll really like the rp355 then. The effects and distortions were alot better than I expected and they sound great. I looked at all the other pedals in it's price range and the rp355 had the most features and was the cheapest. Does eBay work where you live?
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, you'll really like the rp355 then. The effects and distortions were alot better than I expected and they sound great. I looked at all the other pedals in it's price range and the rp355 had the most features and was the cheapest. Does eBay work where you live?

No, but my father lives in UK, we have "business trans-actions" quite often, considering I'm 18

Thanks for the help, I think I'll go rp355, sounds great from what I heard on youtube.
Quote by Zeletros
No, but my father lives in UK, we have "business trans-actions" quite often, considering I'm 18

Thanks for the help, I think I'll go rp355, sounds great from what I heard on youtube.

Ok, good choice. You'll have a lot of fun with it.
I see RP500's going used on eBay for around $150. I would take that route if I were in your shoes.
RP500 don't have simulation which means I can't get it to sound good with line-in.

By the way, the market in UK seems out of stock with Rp355, so I'm considering line 6 300HD pod, is it AS good? In terms of tone, quality and control when plugged into line-in/speakers/PA??
Quote by Zeletros
RP500 don't have simulation which means I can't get it to sound good with line-in.

By the way, the market in UK seems out of stock with Rp355, so I'm considering line 6 300HD pod, is it AS good? In terms of tone, quality and control when plugged into line-in/speakers/PA??

The hd300 is better than the rp355, but is $100 more.