Hi, I'm going to be getting rid of all my crappy, begginer guitar gear and get some new stuff this month (new guitar and amp).
I don't want to spend to much on a amp yet beacuse I haven't been playing that long. I wanted to get and amp that would be good for playing stuff Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium and Rise Against etc. I got told "Line 6 spider 4 amp 15 watt" was good and quite cheap? would you say I should get this amp or not? Thanks!
I bought a Kustom Double Barrel 30 watt 212 for $175 US dollars and it is a great amp and very loud. Try it out if you can. I also started on a Line 6 15watt but did not like it very much. Orange now makes small practice amps which I highly recommend trying out.
I also play this amp and in my opinion it is a good amp for practise. It has four channels, so you can find your style of playing. The only channel I don't use that much is the "crunch" channel, it's there for the really old songs, but with my guitar I can't get a good tone out of it. The other three fit most of the metal styles and I think for 100 dollars, you won't get any better amp. But if you want something, that will help you for more than one or two years, save money and get a head + boxes...
Quote by Steve635z
Not sure if serious.....

You missed out the picture mate

If you're gonna waste your money on the Spider, at the very least do yourself a favour and try the Peavey Vypyr first.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
You missed out the picture mate

If you're gonna waste your money on the Spider, at the very least do yourself a favour and try the Peavey Vypyr first.

+1

What guitar are you buying and what is your guitar budget? Swapping out your 'crappy' beginner gear only to then spend 100 pounds on another amp does not make much sense. However - if that is what you have to do the Vypyr 15 is a great amp. Spiders suck.

Welcome to GGnA
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

What guitar are you buying and what is your guitar budget? Swapping out your 'crappy' beginner gear only to then spend 100 pounds on another amp does not make much sense. However - if that is what you have to do the Vypyr 15 is a great amp. Spiders suck.

Welcome to GGnA

I'm probably going to get a Ibanez grg121ex
Quote by Billy Wilkins
I'm probably going to get a Ibanez grg121ex

Seriously?

What guitar are you using now? The GRG isn't much of an upgrade.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Seriously?

What guitar are you using now? The GRG isn't much of an upgrade.

Since he used the future tense and joined in July '11, I would assume he's a beginner.

Anyway, the GRG and a Roland Cube 15XL/ used 20XL would do you well until you want to upgrade your gear in a few years.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Swapping out your beginner gear for other beginner gear does not qualify as an "upgrade."
Quote by Woffelz
Since he used the future tense and joined in July '11, I would assume he's a beginner.

Anyway, the GRG and a Roland Cube 15XL/ used 20XL would do you well until you want to upgrade your gear in a few years.

I didn't ask if he was a beginner, I asked if he was seriously going to get the GRG. So I'm not quite sure what you're responding to.

TS, unless your guitar is a 2X4 plank with strings and a pickup... the GRG is just another beginner guitar. It'll be a waste of money and not an upgrade.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )