Page 1 of 2
Ok whats the worst and biggest stupidest most idiotic thing youve ever done with your guitar's?

I was changing my strings on my old guitar the otherday and when i couldnt get the end of the string out becouse i didnt realise one of the springs at the back was gripped on the little hole for the strings. i took that of and couldnt get it back on (ive never done anything like this with my guitars before that)

It gets worse..... i managed to unscrew the thing that holds the springs in place and fit it all back up properly only to realise id wound all the strings the wrong way. So i re did all that and went to tune it and realised id put 2 G strrings on instead of a G and a B lol what a tool.

so how stupid have you been? lol
I accidentally made a dent in my wall by over-estimating the distance between my bed and where I was standing.
The guitar was fine, but I've never been the same.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

I had my cheep peavey on the strap and on my back, well the top party of the strap came undone and now there's a big nick at the top of the neck, so glad it wasn'r my sg or strat though lol
about a week ago was switching guitars, put les paul down, didn't think about the other being much lighter..

threw a guitar into my own face
MY brother drag my guitar down the street .... luckly only bottom of guitar scratched
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
When I got my first electric guitar I began unscrewing the neck pocket screws in search for the batteries.

It was a Fender strat copy, needless to say I nearly got whacked in the face as the string tension pulled the neck off xD
Accidently used my Jackson RR3 as a door wedge.

It's not very good at being a wedge and am slightly dissapointed. It's also now missing a chunk.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Almightynikita
When I got my first electric guitar I began unscrewing the neck pocket screws in search for the batteries.

It was a Fender strat copy, needless to say I nearly got whacked in the face as the string tension pulled the neck off xD

MAYBE I DO WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A 8 STRING DAISY ROCK GUITAR!!! OK SO!!

Quote by xSacrilegex
I hate old metal, I hate British metal.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
motherfucker i'd fuck that nigga's bitch ass up
we where on stage one time and our bassist had time durring a song
so she decided to flip her bass around her neck
anyway
i was standing right in back of her so i caught the headstock of her fender P Bass right in the head
I handed a guitar without straplocks to a friend by the strap while standing on a sidewalk. That didn't end well.
Kilty Boxers filled his acoustic bass with sand to make it sound electric.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Decided AGAINST stabbing people with it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
trying to adjust the pickups without being plugged in was pretty daft.

or taking all the strings off my floyded rg and then wondering why the trem collapsed was also pretty bad.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I played my guitar ungrounded and being all rockstarish, put my foot on my metal bedframe.

UREHHHH
_______====================
___★___===================
________===================
==========================

Every day is a Meshuggah Binge day
Quote by Shinozoku
Decided AGAINST stabbing people with it.

that's why you go undecided
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
I once filled my acoustic bass with sand so I wouldn't hear it acoustically.

I don't think I've ever done anything idiotic with my gear.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I put my guitar in it's case, but forgot to close it before I picked the case up. It fell headstock first.

Result: A little piece of black laquer missing from the headstock. Nothing else.
I decided to poke someone with the headstock of my RG. It could have been worse - it could have been a Jackson.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Left my telecaster leaning on a chair in my dining room with my sisters roaming freely, one of them knocked it over and it slammed down to the ground headstock first and the button of one of the tuners got sheared straight off leaving half a screw in there. I had a spare tuner but the button is odd.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by Almightynikita

Oh god, I hurt from laughing.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Oh! I have one! My friend's basement isn't grounded well and there are two large metal poles in it.

Well, guess what happens when you're playing electric guitar, plugged into an active amp, then lean your back against the pole?

bbzzzzttt.

Also, don't touch the ground while trying to adjust a bare pot on an amp ><
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I plugged my guitar into my amp to do some jamming, but got no sound from it. So after a lot of fretting over cables and alternate guitars etc. I realized that I plugged the cable into the headphones jack of the amp instead of the input >.<

Result: Epic fail!
Once used wire cutters on my guitar. By pulling on the...strings. Created this cool effect for about 10 seconds.

*sigh*
Um. Well, I just got a Schecter about 2 weeks ago. And I was frustrated with the lack of volume from my 15-watt, decided to take my pedalchain down to the 60 watt downstairs.

...HOWEVER, THIS PEDAL CHAIN DID NOT COOPERATE, AND A CABLE MONSTER ENSUED. I tossed one of the cables up, and where should it hit but my new baby's quilt top. There's a little nick in the finish now, nothing noticeable, and it didn't break the finish, but I feel horrid for it...xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Got a bit to excited on stage one day, and decided to help the drummer hit the crash using the headstock of my guitar...was cool for about 5 seconds until I noticed that it put some nice cuts in my headstock...Ah well, it's a Squier, it can get beat up.
Ha ha these are funny as. My one is when I had to go on a toilet break real bad when I was practising and because I was in a rush I didn't put my guitar back on it's stand I left it balancing on my playing stool and thought yep she'll be right and went to the bathroom. Just as I got there I heard this massive crash and stacks of feedback. It chipped the guitar in all sorts of places and to this day I always put the guitar back on a stand lol.
Quote by Almightynikita

You're really a drummer, go on admit it
Quote by Dave_Mc

taking all the strings off my floyded rg and then wondering why the trem collapsed was also pretty bad.

Did the same thing only on my Jackson not pretty
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
I was doing a tapping solo for church behind my head. I hit my head because the strap was too short. Then i tripped over the cable
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I was at band practice, jamming to RATM with my ESP Eclipse II, and the bassist misjudged his strap length.

His bass went flying into my beatiful STBC finish. shattered the finish behind the tailpeice.

Result: New Bassist and 4 weeks of crying myself to sleep
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Never done anything too stupid. I sold my first real guitar and kind of regret it LTD EX-400, bought for $450 sold for $450. Also, the other day while restringing one of my 7's I used a 6 string set and an individual 68 gauge for the low string. I put on the 68 and the 48 of the string set. I then continued to put the d string on as the a. i tuned it up and was like wtf why is this so loose? I realized I had put the D string where the A should have been. So I took the string off the post and put it on the D post. Then I realized I still had it in the A hole on the bridge
I gave away my beginner washburn to a co-workers son for free.
Poor thing hasnt seen daylight in 4 years. Damn you dubstep!

Tried to play guitar with my tongue. High e cut the tip pretty good. And tasted awful.

Hit my bong one day with guitar still in hand. Didnt turn out well. My rg still kinda smells like bong water.

About a month ago I plugged in my prs and got no sound. Figuring its battery was dead, changed it. Still nothing. Changed the 9v in my wah pedal. Still nothing. The next day pulled my prs out to play 'acoustically', walked across the room and to my dismay was dragging my RG across the floor!
When we were just going on one of our first gigs. I couldn't get my guitar to come out of the amp. I screwed around with the amp and got pissed. The band made in front of me and the crowd did too when they all seen it wasn't plugged in. I get nervous alot and forget alot of crap.
Quote by DimebagZappa
I gave away my beginner washburn to a co-workers son for free.
Poor thing hasnt seen daylight in 4 years. Damn you dubstep!

Tried to play guitar with my tongue. High e cut the tip pretty good. And tasted awful.

Hit my bong one day with guitar still in hand. Didnt turn out well. My rg still kinda smells like bong water.

About a month ago I plugged in my prs and got no sound. Figuring its battery was dead, changed it. Still nothing. Changed the 9v in my wah pedal. Still nothing. The next day pulled my prs out to play 'acoustically', walked across the room and to my dismay was dragging my RG across the floor!

Bong water is nasty shit dude lol
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I was playing my acoustic one day when my puppy came up and wanted to play (she's a six-month old black lab). Not thinking anything of it, I leaned it against the couch. She likes getting chased around the house and sure enough, she hit the guitar, guitar hit the ground. Luckily, it only got a ding in the headstock and a couple superficial nicks.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
i have 2 pretty bad ones, and theyre both from the same night of the same gig. there was alot of switching between bands, my band was on 3 or 4 times that night.

first time going on stage was fine
second time, our bassist whacked his bass out of tune and wanted to use my oedal tuner real quick. he left it on and i didnt notice because my pedalboard was behind my amp so for the first 30 secs of the song i made no sound

third time was the worst tho.......

instead of turn my amp off standby before our song, i hit the power switch instead without realising it. then had to turn amp on, have it start up and then take it off standby, while the rest of my band was playing our song
Page 1 of 2