Okay, well. Currently i have a Jackson JS1 Dinky (dinky it is). And my 18th birthday is coming up, so.. time to upgrade!

I play styles from Tigers Jaw, through to For The Fallen Dreams. I will mainly be in dropped tunings! (Drop C - Drop A# mostly)
I live in Australia and my budget is around, $1000-1500AUD.
Keep in mind, i would rather a non-stratty style guitar - unless it blows my mind.

Any help is much appreciated!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 6, 2011,
lol, at first I read "help Buckethead find a guitar..."

Edit: what you want is an instrument with hot pickups and good sustain. There's certainly some some models with floating bridges with these specs (like the MM Petrucci or the Petrucci BFR), but they're often more expensive than hardtails. I'm not a fan of active pickups, but if high gain stuff is all you play, then you should certainly consider 'em

Also, try to look for guitars with locking tuners or locking nuts. They're a big plus. If you narrow down your search based on your desired specs rather than looks or preconceived notions on brands and what not, you're much more likely to end up with an instrument you truly love

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jul 6, 2011,
Thanks shwilly. High gain stuff is what i will only be playing on this guitar. I will buy new, low-output pickups for my dinky to do my other little snippets in.

Locking tuners/nuts didn't even pass my mind, thanks alot for the reminder!

And yeah, of course. I don't want to spend big money on a guitar that i will get over quickly. I want something with quality and obviously beauty that won't fail.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 6, 2011,