our drummer quit lol and living where i do its very hard to find a metal drummer for like BMTH august burns red ect. and were recoding our ep soon so i have to get a kit to write drums on i tried maybe using EZ drums but im clueless on how to use it
anyhow

whats a good electric kit i could get for the CHEAPEST PRICE??
dont bother saying i should get an acoustic xD
If you're looking to buy a drum set for recording and using a program like EZdrummer, you dont have to buy a drum set. The easiest way to do it is to use a program like Guitar pro and write the drums in there. From there you can export the drums to a MIDI file and have your program such as EZdrummer play it.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
\ dude im completely clueless on anything to do with software thats why i want a kit to use it and plus dont i have to get a controller for the software?
Quote by OliNotDead!
\ dude im completely clueless on anything to do with software thats why i want a kit to use it and plus dont i have to get a controller for the software?

If you're hopeless with software, Hardware's not going to be any better, as you're going to have to have to send MIDI out of the Electric Drum Kit via a MIDI cable, into an interface that can handle MIDI, and then sort out latency, to ensure you're hearing back everything in time.

It'll be much easier to program the drums in Guitar Pro, export the MIDI track into your given D.A.W and set EZ Drummer as the VSTi to play the MIDI data. You may want to mess around with the parameters of each hit though, as it may sound a little dynamically redundant...

...oh wait there... you're playing Metal right?
check your local classifieds, you can probably get a decent acoustic kit cheap, then mic it?
GENERIC SIGNATURE
For me at least, it's as simple as using FL Studio's piano roll to write out the notes for EZDrummer to play them. Now, I'm not really sure if EZDrummer can be used standalone, but I recall ToonTrack having a program specifically for that.
Professional lurker since 2009.
but i can get my old drummer to set it up for me if thats what your talking about but when it comes to interfaces and all the computer shit im clueless
Quote by jampottt
If you're hopeless with software, Hardware's not going to be any better, as you're going to have to have to send MIDI out of the Electric Drum Kit via a MIDI cable, into an interface that can handle MIDI, and then sort out latency, to ensure you're hearing back everything in time.

It'll be much easier to program the drums in Guitar Pro, export the MIDI track into your given D.A.W and set EZ Drummer as the VSTi to play the MIDI data. You may want to mess around with the parameters of each hit though, as it may sound a little dynamically redundant...

...oh wait there... you're playing Metal right?

Im not recording with the drums i just need a kit to write the drums so the cheapest set would be nice lol