Hi,

I would like to replace the pickups on my Hagstrom Swede. It's a LP-style guitar with 2 toggle switches (pickup selection and tone filter), 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs and 2 humbucker pickups.

I was wondering if it's possible to replace the pickups while keeping the tone filter feature. The pickups I want to install are DiMarzio Super Distortion (bridge) and DiMarzio PAF Pro (neck).

Thanks.
What exactlly does the tone filter switch do?
Although I'm sure it's just a matter of replacing the pups, shouldn't be any issues
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
What exactlly does the tone filter switch do?
Although I'm sure it's just a matter of replacing the pups, shouldn't be any issues
It's a 3-way toggle switch.

Up: bass boost
Middle: bypass
Down: mid boost

It's passive. Not sure how it works.
without knowing how it's wired we can't tell you..

find a diagram, or at the very least, take a good quality picture of it inside your guitar

chances are you can use it with the new pickups, but it's impossible to tell how to wire it in if we don't know what's happening in there at the moment

also, questions like this should be in the wiring thread, just for future reference
Quote by james4
without knowing how it's wired we can't tell you..

find a diagram, or at the very least, take a good quality picture of it inside your guitar

chances are you can use it with the new pickups, but it's impossible to tell how to wire it in if we don't know what's happening in there at the moment

also, questions like this should be in the wiring thread, just for future reference
Found these:

http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/Schematics/Schempics/Swede1.jpg
http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/Schematics/Schempics/Swede2.jpg

Thanks.
Last edited by Poglia at Jul 6, 2011,
yes, you could unsolder your current pups anr replace them with the DiMarzio's and still keep your tone toggle
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.