I am sure this is asked hundreds of times. I have a mac and a pc.. the mac has logic pro 8 and garage band. I am getting a midi controller and ezdrummer.

I want to find a way to record guitar from my stack (crate blue voodoo 120h head) into my computer, without mics. I was planning on buying a line6 HD pod but really, i dont need all that stuff on there the more I think about it.

What is the best way for me to get my sound onto a computer? I read something about M-Audio Fast Track Pro which I will research.. is that something worth it?

I know pretty much nothing about recording, nor do i want to do anything professional, but I do want to get good sounding recording when I decided to make songs
Last edited by hxcmetal724 at Jul 6, 2011,
if your head got a line out a simple audio interface (like the fast track pro) would get the job done i think. the fast track is pretty popular and a nice piece of equipment for the beginning

greets from germany!
i believe it has a line out but what if i run a speaker cable from the cab output on the back into it? I dont know much about what is powered and unpowered so I dont want to like blow anything
You will need to use cabinet simulation software if you do that, I think Guitar Rig 4 or Amplitube would probably do the job. But it's possible.
Periphery, love that shit!
Just use an adapter to turn an amp cable from a 1/4 to a 1/8. you can probably find them at radioshack or something.
(I think) line outputs are made for recording and connect your head to a pa.
If you use this other output, there is a chance that this signal is already powered by your power amp and this signal can be to loud for you interface. the fast track pro (and most other audio interfaces) have line inputs.
@ draketheone i would recommend using an audio interface otherwise the sound will be pretty horrible
Quote by hxcmetal724
i believe it has a line out but what if i run a speaker cable from the cab output on the back into it? I dont know much about what is powered and unpowered so I dont want to like blow anything

The only powered outputs on your amp should be the speaker out(s). Everything else is in my opinion unpowered.
If your amp has a line out, then you should do fine with just some recording software, an interface, and cabinet simulation software.

If your amp Doesn't have a line out, you'll have th use the speaker outs, through a DI-box for example.

Here is one with a built in cab. simulator: DIbox for guitar

Good luck recording!