Page 1 of 2
So, I know this is a completely stupid and superficial thing to think or asks questions about, but I still would like to discuss it.

How do you feel about guitars looking huge on you if you're small and/or skinny?

I'm a 5'7", skinny guy, and I own a Strat. Sometimes I feel it looks huge on me, and it makes me a bit uncofindent when playing in front of people (SOMETIMES!) , while in everyday living I rarely feel unconfident about my height/weight.
█████████████████████████
Last edited by MuffinBrain at Jul 6, 2011,
I want to see a White Falcon on a midget so bad.

Understandable about the Asian kids, but check out how small the rest of these people are!

Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jul 6, 2011,
Only if you're like, 8. You're fine, man. Learn how to play un-self-consciously and you'll surprise everyone.

Don't buy an Explorer any time soon, though
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by MuffinBrain
So, I know this is a completely stupid and superficial thing to think or asks questions about.

You said it yourself.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

This might be for you:

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Nah, I don't have that problem.

I do however, have a problem with six string guitars feeling small. Not looking small though.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

5'9" 133ish pounds so I think I'm qualified to talk about this and honestly does'nt bother me in the slightest. Noone cares if the guitar is too big for you, worst reaction your likely to get is maybe some girls going 'awwww'. as long as your big enough to actually play the guitar, who cares? I personally prefer it anyway, guitars look too small on other people to me!
I have an Explorer, looks good on me

Id say all strats are pretty small bodied guitars, you must be really tiny if it seems huge on you.

You most likely just imagining it, it most likely looks normal
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
in b4 Angus Young
If I'm high, does that make me a Flying Dutchman?

Legal weed, windmills, clogs, and speed cameras. Welcome to the Netherlands!
Big paedo twat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JD2k9
Cmon. If Wee Man can skateboard, other midgets can play guitar.

Are there actually any midget musicians or bands with midget members though?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Inversely When I saw Yes on the 4th of July I thougt to myself man that lady is a giant. Turns out Chris Squire is huuuuuuge now. The picture below is him when he was small. His boob was hanging over the bass for a good while.

i sometimes feel like my guitar's too big (jackson kelly), but i watched a vid of me playing guitar one time and i thought i looked fine.
Malcolm Young.

Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Well, I'm not that big either. 175cm (5'6") tall, 57kg (127 pounds?), skinny and all and I have an 8-string (27.7" scale length) guitar and it doesn't at all look huge on me. Only slightly big. ^^
So don't complain about a tiny strat-styled guitar.

Profile picture:

-> The amp isn't mine, I ran GuitarRig on my notebook. I don't want an amp live.
No offense, but that DOES look huge on you

also, wouldnt 175 cm be like 5'10ish?
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Well, I'm rocking an SG one of the larger guitars out there. I'm nearly 6 foot, but not exactly built.

It does look a little big on me, but only when I play with other people who have more "regular" sized guitars. Doesn't bother me.

I hope you didn't just say that an SG is one of the larger guitars out there.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
5'6, weighing in at just over 9 stone. I'm not the biggest guy in the world by any means, and my strat looks normal sized on me. It's a 70s Strat copy too, so it has the massive headstock that I love. Doesn't look any bigger than any other guitar haha!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Get bigger?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?

I'm 6'4", so I have the opposite problem - Shorter scale guitars and guitars with smaller bodies look like toys on me. Feel like it too, which is annoying when shopping for a new guitar, you tiny, lucky bastards.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
im 132-138 lbs (my weight fluctuates like mad) and 5'11", here's a photo taken last day of school playig my buddys les paul:

as you can see, look really big on me... nevermind my derp face and perky ass nipples
Quote by necrosis1193

I'm 6'4", so I have the opposite problem - Shorter scale guitars and guitars with smaller bodies look like toys on me. Feel like it too, which is annoying when shopping for a new guitar, you tiny, lucky bastards.

I have the same problem, I have a strat style guitar, when I play on stage I look really awkward.
sigh...
Wee Man was at a show my band played and he stood next for me and i imagined my guitar on him... it was quite the thought. And i'd never imagined how small Wee Man actually was, seeing him on TV and in person are two totally different things.
Quote by piratemetalhead
im 132-138 lbs (my weight fluctuates like mad) and 5'11", here's a photo taken last day of school playig my buddys les paul:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8363/26432710150668281835089.jpg[/IM

as you can see, look really big on me... nevermind my derp face and perky ass nipples

Im the same height and weight and my bass doesn't look bad on me

your Les Paul doesn't make you look small.
pinga
Page 1 of 2