If I wanted to remove a headstock logo and replace it how hard would it be. Like basically I wanna replace the squire on a squire bass and put fender. How do I go about doin that
First thing's first, IT'S SQUIER.

OK.

Is it really that important what's on the headstock? I mean it would just be a case of a light sanding down of the area with the logo on it, then you would have to re finish it after you had replaced it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
That's really sad, that you feel the need to pretend you have a fender,,,
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
That's really sad, that you feel the need to pretend you have a fender,,,

I have a squire that sounds just as good as my mij fender and I'm tired off idiot being like dude why do u use that squire when u got a fender right there
Quote by th30nlyAket
I have a squire that sounds just as good as my mij fender and I'm tired off idiot being like dude why do u use that squire when u got a fender right there

Ignore them? As opposed to pretending for the sake of other people?
Quote by th30nlyAket

Has anyone actually come up and said this at a show? 99% of people don't even know the difference and I bet most of the 1% don't care. I've never had someone comment when I use a squier. Hell, the VM series is about the most popular line of basses over at TB and that's often a pretty discerning group.
Dude, screw other people. If it plays and sounds good then use it.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Has anyone actually come up and said this at a show? 99% of people don't even know the difference and I bet most of the 1% don't care. I've never had someone comment when I use a squier. Hell, the VM series is about the most popular line of basses over at TB and that's often a pretty discerning group.

Yes and iive been kicked out of a band for"using a beginning intrument in a pro band"
Quote by th30nlyAket
Yes and iive been kicked out of a band for"using a beginning intrument in a pro band"

Bullshit
+1 on gilly 90...just sand, replace decal and refinish...and if you want it to say Fender then go for it. but more and more people are playing squier these days. not bad sounding instruments!
Quote by th30nlyAket

That's just stupid, pretty dick move of the band if it really happened.

If it sounds just as good as the Fender, then that's what matters, I don't think anybody in an audience will really care about your instrument's brand or model.
Professional lurker since 2009.
What these people are saying, but i vote you put your name on it and mod it so it's yours
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
If I knew one of my bassists did this i'd kick them out of the band...
Any decent band knows that it's not the gear its the sound it makes and if they kicked you out for that then there just douches and probably not worth hanging around or being in a band with. F@*K putting up with that shit, theres enough great musicians out there that are more about getting the job done then worrying what logo is on your headstock.
Quote by th30nlyAket

That's just stupid I know a ton of people who have lower end instruments.

There's nothing wrong with something like a Ibanez RG321, LTD EC100 or M-100.

Just because a guitar cost $300 doesn't make it crap.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
I have a Squire non-bass guitar and I love it. *shrugs* I'm sure there are plenty of things 'wrong' with their equipment too.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by GAPendragon
I have a Squire non-bass guitar and I love it. *shrugs* I'm sure there are plenty of things 'wrong' with their equipment too.

SQUIER
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by th30nlyAket

Changing the headstock logo is more trouble then its worth, unless you're refurbishing a vintage instrument with a worn one, or trying to make an accurate replica. Plus if you ever decide to sell your Squier having a Fender decal on it could cause issues. A +1 to everyone who says keep it as is, anyone who judges you for playing a Squier is just being a gear snob, don't listen to 'em.

If your heart is set on it, you can lightly sand away the current decal and replace it with a waterslide Fender decal. Then refinish if you want it to look all nice and pretty.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Radtastic89
Just play it and then save up your money for a Fender.

why should he need to if he likes his Squier?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by Radtastic89
Everyone wants to upgrade eventually.

He said he already has an MiJ fender and prefers playing the squier most of the time. I sold a Fender jazz deluxe but kept my squier VM jazz because I liked it so much better--so I understand the mentality.

Look TS, I can't imagine anyone other than some snotty teenagers or teasing old men giving you hassel. I wouldn't sweat it or consider either valid criticism, so why worry about it?

If someone asks you why you're using it say "it sounds and plays better than my fender" or, more simply, "because I like it." Problem solved.
Possible troll me thinks, but my 2 cents, if you succeed and then try to sell this thing as a fender, you'll go to the deepest darkest level of hell.
Quote by gilly_90
SQUIER

Gah. Sorry. I've see so many people spelling it Squire recently it must have ingrained itself in my brain. Happens when I've been writing html coding sometimes too - I keep accidentally using US spellings.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
He said he already has an MiJ fender and prefers playing the squier most of the time. I sold a Fender jazz deluxe but kept my squier VM jazz because I liked it so much better--so I understand the mentality.

Look TS, I can't imagine anyone other than some snotty teenagers or teasing old men giving you hassel. I wouldn't sweat it or consider either valid criticism, so why worry about it?

If someone asks you why you're using it say "it sounds and plays better than my fender" or, more simply, "because I like it." Problem solved.

People around where I live are retarded for the mosy part I'm gonna trade in my squier sometime maybe for a 5 string(or get the new naturak finish 5 string sqiuer) thanks for advice
I have removed logos because I didn't like them.

I will not ever replace a company logo with an incorrect
company logo.

It's their trademark.

I'm sure it's no big deal legally, but morally, I have trouble
with it.

Just my two cents,

Tabdog
Could just sand it off and leave it blank? It would look cool. Or do your own logo, using your name or band name?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by tabdog
I have removed logos because I didn't like them.

I will not ever replace a company logo with an incorrect
company logo.

It's their trademark.

I'm sure it's no big deal legally, but morally, I have trouble
with it.

Just my two cents,

Tabdog

Actually there can be major legal issues with TS changing the headstock logo to Fender. The act could be construed as counterfeiting.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Actually there can be major legal issues with TS changing the headstock logo to Fender. The act could be construed as counterfeiting.

Only if he attempts to make money from a sale in which he claims it's a full bodied Fender rather than a modified Squier.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
hahaha help, help, my peers are saying my sunburst bass is ugly and I should be playing a black one.

OH NO I better find out where I can get it re-painted by tomorrow, just so they don't call me a loser anymore.

my point being?

if your that concerned about what people think, you better go back to playing by yourself in the basement.
Quote by th30nlyAket

In all honesty I call bullshit, nobody can be that ****ing retarded. i think he really does just feel sorry for himself and wants to feel cool by having a fender look alike. if you already have a fender guitar you really shouldn't give a shit.
wut.
Quote by tabdog
I will not ever replace a company logo with an incorrect company logo.

Same.

Take squier off if you want but you have no reason to put Fender on it. A guitarist friend of mine has a strat with a completely blank headstock, I have no idea why or what make it is but it sounds amazing.