I've just recently gotten a strat from a freind and he had lots of stickers and shit on it. I want to sand it down and repaint the entire thing, mostly because I don't like the current color (Candy Apple Red) and because there is sticker residue on it. what should I use to sand and then repaint it?
a little gasoline on a rag removes it too, but as with paint thinner dont rub too long and clean it off when youre done. ive used it many times to remove badges on cars. only takes a few seconds to clean the goo off with itq
And as for the paint, is there anything special to use? I heard that the kind of paint could affect the tone in bad ways.
Quote by DrakeTheOne
And as for the paint, is there anything special to use? I heard that the kind of paint could affect the tone in bad ways.

Paint has been proven to have virtually no effect on the tone of an Electric. It is acoustics in which you have to be careful because they use the body 100% to create the sound, whereas your electric has the pickups doing a majority of the work, the wood doing the 2nd most, and the paint/strings being microscopic.

As for paint, just use automotive paint. If you have access to a paint gun, buy a quart of color and a quart of clear. If you don't have access to that I'd guess 2-3 cans of color/clear in the rattlecans.
Reranch or StewMac has really good paint in spray cans, but if you want black or white look at Duplicolor Acrylic laquer it is good quality, and cost @$7 a can. The Reranch/ StewMac cans will run you @$15 a piece+ shipping.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate