http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snnyjzu7yj4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R1rzXiAY9M&playnext=1&list=PLD02D8340C014F8FE

(The first one is the exact tone I'm looking for, the 2nd has slightly more distortion)

This tone. It's clean, but yet has enough sustain and such to be a lead tone. I've heard this sort of tone a lot in lighter, more "mature" kind of music and I absolutely love it. Problem is, no matter how hard and how long I've tried, I cannot get anywhere near.

I understand that I'd need to have like a Vox amp and a Strat or something to nail it, but I'd really like to get even somewhat close with my Boss GT-10 and Ibanez S5470.

Any tips on getting this pretty twangy, ever so slightly distorted, very present and trebly tone and it's beautiful reverb and sustain ? (Preferably without new gear, if you can guide me to some settings on the GT-10, I'd be very thankful.)

Cheers.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Yeah ideally you'd want like a Tele or Strat like guitar through a tube amp.

i've never used a Boss GT-10, but i'd try messing around with a light overdrive setting, compression and some reverb and use the neck or middle pickup.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jul 6, 2011,
I get tones like that. Strat, neck pickup, some compression to add sustain, a bit of reverb and a decent clean amp, maybe add a tube screamer with very little gain.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Settings thread in disguise?

In any case, +1 to the recommendations so far. Clean and bright setting with some compression and dial in your gain just enough that when you attack the strings more harshly, there's a touch of distortion. Then play softly for cleans, and harsh for a bit of dirt. That's my approach, however, you need tubes to get that degree of dynamics. Give it a shot though.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
tone is in the fingers...

make sure you are playing with a amp that responds to dynamics and use a splash of reverb.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Slash_is_a_God
Settings thread in disguise?

Nah, just looking for overall hints regarding stuff like distortion and effects. :P

But, thanks to everyone so far, I'll try searching for the tone again, from a different point of view.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"