Hi,
I am learning Bar Chords and I am having loads of trouble with Eb (the way I am fingering it for we are the champions) is my first finger is on the 6th bar while pressing three strings on the 8th fret with my ring finger. Also Eb/D (where I slide my 1st finger to the 5th fret). I am having so much trouble getting these bar chords to sound or "ring" out clearly.

I don't know if my height has anything to do with it, I am 5'6.

Does anyone know if with enough practice, I will get these chords to sound clear with each string sounding or am I too short.

It might sound ridiculous what I am asking by I am so fustrated and really would like to become a decent guitar player. It means so much!!

I have been trying to get these chords to sound clean for over 1 week practicing them 5- 10 minutes a day.
Thanks in advance for all of your help and support.

I play a taylor 414 CE.
With practice you´ll be able to do it.

We have all bin there, heck i remember how much i wanted to smash my acoustic when i was learning the F bar chord.

Just practice it slowly and everytime you play try to make it as clear as possible, it will get easier!
you can youtube and see 7 year olds playing perfect bar chords, just dont give up
What I tell students is this: Practice the barre chord slowly at first. Play each note and listen for problems and correct them. Try playing it with only the ring finger on the second, third and fourth strings. Can you play that correct? If so, then add the second finger to the fifth string. Again, play it slowly so you can find mistakes and correct them. Learning barre chords takes time. You need to strengthen the muscles in your fingers and hand. When you drop the second finger back and catch the D for the Eb/D, this causes your hand to stretch, which may cause finger positions to slightly change. Keep working at it.
Thanks for all of your encouragement.

It seems a lot better to know that other people have gone though this. I guess if it was so easy, everyone would be playing the guitar.

I saw the youtube with seven year olds playing perfect barr chords.

It is great that there are forums like this!!
Quote by LGuitarjsm
Thanks for all of your encouragement.

It seems a lot better to know that other people have gone though this. I guess if it was so easy, everyone would be playing the guitar.

I saw the youtube with seven year olds playing perfect barr chords.

It is great that there are forums like this!!

We´re all here to help and learn.
I've been going at them for 2-3 hours a day for 3 weeks and progress is slow. It's doing my ****ing head in but i've got to get past it.

It's coming slowly but the effort they take is out of proportion to the sound produced.
yeah the A shape barre chord you are trying to do with the Eb was a killer for me. But I kept trying and after a few months I could do them. I still have a bit of trouble with them sometimes but just keep at it!
A bit of advice: don't do what I did and play A-shape barre chords as dominant chords (with the ring finger also fretting the high e). I'm still trying to break that habit.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
A lot of guitarists just use their middle/ring/pinky rather than trying to barre A-shaped chords. Granted, there are certain situations where this could get in the way, but the same could be said for stressing the ring like that, particularly because it's damn hard to pull above the e-string and still barre the DGB strings.

Also, for future reference, finger length/age/experience are the things that could help tell you how you are at barre chords; height has little to no effect on your playing
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
just practice. I had a realy hard time when I was learning those barre chords, because of my cheapy and sh*ty Stagg guitar. I could easily do barre's on my friends guitar but not on mine. I alomost quit playing, but after a month of two i got it, so don't worry, it will come with practice.