Page 1 of 7

So the final part of the Harry Potter series comes out next Friday. I'm a pretty big fan, so it makes me sad to see the movie series come to an end, but at the same time i am still pretty excited. What about you guys? Thoughts, expectations, comments? And in case you've been living under a rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CndMW6FLEiI&feature=fvst

P.S. I did not post this in the Harry Potter thread because I'm looking for more than just two peoples opinions.

Also, Inb4 harry potter is gay/lame/stupid/for children
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Woffelz
I think it comes out tomorrow in the UK.

Wat.

And i thought I was special because i get to see it a couple of days before it comes out.

Edit: ^ and i'm talking about the film series, not the books....
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16

Edit: ^ and i'm talking about the film series, not the books....

There're Harry Potter films?
Quote by FlashNinja
There're Harry Potter films?

Nope, this whole thread is a lie. I'm a phony.
Sail upon the open skies
I'm so f***ing excited to see it. Harry Potter definied my childhood, it was to me what Star Wars was to kids/teens in the late 70s and 80s. Part 1 I saw at midnight with my friend and we loved it. This one I plan to see 7 times in theaters. (Lame, nerdy, but I'm an HP junkie) Plus I want to see that sexy Emma Watson fight some bad guys.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by angusfan16
Nope, this whole thread is a lie. I'm a phony.

I thought as much. Now let's back to the topic at hand. My favourite of the books would probably be The Prisoner of Azkaban, it brings up alot of arguments against theocracy and politically fuelled violence.

Quote by thePTOD
Plus I want to see that sexy Emma Watson fight some bad guys.

Pff, like Hermione ever does anything of value.
got pre-booked tickets to the first midnight showing ^^
I knew to watch my back around Elmo after his Tickle Me version came out

i new the sneaky little bastard was up to something
Watching the trailer, I noticed a scene where Harry says something like "Let's end this how it began: together" and takes him down a roof or somehting...

I've half decided I'm not watching it, I'm f*cking fed up of the director constantly adding things that aren't in the book when the book was just fine..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by FlashNinja
Pff, like Hermione ever does anything of value.

She gets her arse out in the new one.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Krieger91
Watching the trailer, I noticed a scene where Harry says something like "Let's end this how it began: together" and takes him down a roof or somehting...

I've half decided I'm not watching it, I'm f*cking fed up of the director constantly adding things that aren't in the book when the book was just fine..

I don't mind it, I understand that scenes in books don't always translate well to film, and I kind of always knew the director would take a lot of artistic liberties with the final battle scene.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
I don't mind it, I understand that scenes in books don't always translate well to film, and I kind of always knew the director would take a lot of artistic liberties with the final battle scene.

In some cases I guess so..but I remember the book being just fine for film..it just seems like a shame to me.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I was just annoyed with the first one not having a massive battle before Dumbydoodle dies.

Yeah, I did just call him Dumbydoodle bitchez.

I don't think I'll watch it - I felt the last book was a terrible end to the series.

Quote by Trowzaa
She gets her arse out in the new one.

.... Actually, I've changed my mind. I'm watching it the first day it's out.
Quote by Trowzaa
I was just annoyed with the first one not having a massive battle before Dumbydoodle dies.

Yeah, I agree. Really wanted to see Bellatrix fuck more shit up.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Woffelz
I think it comes out tomorrow in the UK.

Just Googled and it's 15th for UK too.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Hey guys, remember when Harry Potter was all about this

and this

and not about this

and this?

Remember when every single Hollywood movie didn't have the saturation levels cut in half to make the movie feel "gritty" and "dark"? Remember colors?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Quote by benonbass1
.... Actually, I've changed my mind. I'm watching it the first day it's out.

Sadly made that up

The later films are a lot darker than the first ones, so it makes sense to me. Just my opinion though.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
The later films are a lot darker than the first ones, so it makes sense to me. Just my opinion though.

This is just my opinion, too, but being darker doesn't necessarily have to mean "hard to see". I remember watching Order of the Phoenix and not being able to see anything tons of times because of how dark the film was.

I mean, obviously the films are getting darker because the books are, but they're taking the lazy route and making everything darker and less saturated digitally, which makes everything harder to see and less enjoyable for the viewer.

EDIT: that being said I'm going to watch this movie like everybody else who read the books just to get it over with already and move on to the next disappointing film adaptation of a beloved children's series (coughNarniacough)
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
This is just my opinion, too, but being darker doesn't necessarily have to mean "hard to see". I remember watching Order of the Phoenix and not being able to see anything tons of times because of how dark the film was.

I mean, obviously the films are getting darker because the books are, but they're taking the lazy route and making everything darker and less saturated digitally, which makes everything harder to see and less enjoyable for the viewer.

Yeah i can agree with that. Order of the Phoenix was kind of a bitch to watch, along with Half Blood Prince.
Sail upon the open skies
I never realised that the later films are literally darker than than the earlier ones. That's some pretty lazy flim-making right there.

Good thing the books never got progressively 'steamier' otherwise the last few films would be enshrouded in fog!
Slightly off topic, but I loved in the westerns how they would shoot the night time scenes during the day and just make the film darker. You don't really get full on shadows at night.

EDIT: just watched the trailer, looks ****ing badass. I love the books and love the films, enough said really. I'll probs just wait for the DVD release as I am to lazy to pay through the nose to see it in the cinema.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Jul 6, 2011,
I love how the newer movies look. The books got much much darker after the first two or three. So why shouldn't the movies? I can't even watch the first two movies because they are just so corny and childish in spots. The books were kinda like that too, but you don't notice it as much while reading. Whereas when you're watching a movie it's way more obvious.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
meh the books i loved but the movies, meh
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Im so excited to see the last film. I will ahve a harry potter movie marathon and watch it on the opening night. -I already did the book marathon to get done earlier and on time instead of late-

!!!!!!!!!!!!!HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It so kawaii seeing them grow up in the films.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Banned because reading wht you types is for hookers and fat peopel.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I'm so hip, I know Victoria's secret.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Banned for looking at rather corpulent gluteus maximi.
The Harry Potter series is pretty good, but Harry Potter fans have been pissing me off terribly for the last year or so, so I'm slightly glad for it to end.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I'm insanely excited. I was the world's biggest Harry Potter fan when the books were coming out, and though my passion has waned a bit I'm still excited. Really bummed I couldn't get tickets to see it at midnight in time.
Quote by Trowzaa
ಠ_ಠ

Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by Nicki Minaj
Im so excited to see the last film. I will ahve a harry potter movie marathon and watch it on the opening night. -I already did the book marathon to get done earlier and on time instead of late-

!!!!!!!!!!!!!HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It so kawaii seeing them grow up in the films.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by angusfan16
Yeah i can agree with that. Order of the Phoenix was kind of a bitch to watch, along with Half Blood Prince.

I think that they all went downhill from The Prisoner Of Azkaban onwards..
Quote by Trowzaa

DUMBLEDORE DIES? I was just getting to that part you asshole, thank for ruining it for me.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
DUMBLEDORE DIES? I was just getting to that part you asshole, thank for ruining it for me.

The books have been out for quite a while.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
I loved the books, but the movies that I saw (i think it was up to the sixth one, not quite sure) were all pretty lame IMO. And I agree that the cinematography on the later movies wasn't too good either.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.