Page 1 of 5
Well what do you think?

I think a possibilty is that you go into a heavy high from DMT where time slows down and your thoughts never actually end as the time percieved by your brain right after you die becomes infinite. Yeah that sounds wierd to most people when i explain it because you practically get stuck in one place in time forever mentally.

but really i have no idea. For all i know you just black out and your soul is a deadz.

your thoughts on what happens?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Depends if you're a materialist, a Cartesian dualist, a theist, blablabla.

Also, philosophy thread.
They cease to exist.

Gotta ask though. If you guys were given the chance to die, and then come back to life knowing what happens after death...would you take it?
I'm not sure if I would. There's always the chance that there's an afterlife...and I could live the rest of my life not fearing death at all. But if there's nothing at all, it would **** up my conscience for the rest of my days
I don't believe in a 'soul'. I believe in a brain, electricity and lots of pipes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Why would anyone from the pit know the answer to this?

But I'll go with what Sir Shredalot said
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Trowzaa
I don't believe in a 'soul'. I believe in a brain, electricity and lots of pipes.

by soul i mean you thoughts and personality, as we clearly all think in our head and have the mental capacity to make decisions and thought.

not the spiritual sense of soul.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by WCPhils
Why would anyone from the pit know the answer to this?

i dont think anybody could ever know the answer to this until you are dead, thats why its an interesting discussion

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by ShadesOfNight
They cease to exist.

Gotta ask though. If you guys were given the chance to die, and then come back to life knowing what happens after death...would you take it?
I'm not sure if I would. There's always the chance that there's an afterlife...and I could live the rest of my life not fearing death at all. But if there's nothing at all, it would **** up my conscience for the rest of my days

I would die to know what happens afterwards... Sounds a bit self-destructive, aint it? Anyway, I find myself loving life as much as possible, and having this interesting shizzle right at the end quite seals the deal right?
That's all well and good, and I've thought about that death would be a DMT heavy experience, maybe

But I remembered that your brain eventually rots, as well. No matter if you DID have some sort of DMT induced experience, it wouldn't last, either.

Everything ends, whether we want it to, or not.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Weird, I thought the same thing as TS. Like, your brain knows you're going to die so it just says "fuck it" and runs at full speed for your last few moments, which would end up perceived as eternity with your thoughts. Then again, that's just a random guess, nothing scientific to back it up, but hey, most of psychology is just masquerading as science anyway.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well seeing as "thoughts" are simply the electrical signals rummaging through your brain, and when you die, this electrical energy is dissipated and given off as heat, they just enter the universe as heat?

....so whoever said "farting" was closest.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
by soul i mean you thoughts and personality, as we clearly all think in our head and have the mental capacity to make decisions and thought.

And he thinks that all that is purely physical, so i would assume he thinks it all stops working when you die.

I'd be inclined to agree.
Quote by fallenangel20
That's all well and good, and I've thought about that death would be a DMT heavy experience, maybe

But I remembered that your brain eventually rots, as well. No matter if you DID have some sort of DMT induced experience, it wouldn't last, either.

Everything ends, whether we want it to, or not.

not in the mathematical sense of infinite

if your brain perceived eternity, time would last forever, even though it actually doesnt.

Integration theory yeayhr

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I think about this a lot. When you're in a coma you're like tripping but when you die you can't trip. You are dying. Everything's going blank. But what happens to your inner you?

****ed up bro.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Last edited by Dealer16 at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Eaten by maggots, brah.

But it doesn't really exist.

Quote by ShadesOfNight
They cease to exist.

Idk. No one really knows what happens to your thoughts and shit.
To answer your question shades, Yes. I would take the chance to die and come back to know if there's anything after death. I would want to know if I should do everything I can while I'm still here or if I come back or if there's an afterlife.
PSN - Boosted928
Quote by Dealer16
But it doesn't really exist.

So you're gonna starve them to death?? Asshole. They're living things just like you and I.
On a serious note, as logical and dogmatic as I am I don't believe in the "everything just ends forever" mindset and have faith and spirituality towards the notion that our consciousness/love/emotion exists also on a different plane/in a different field and would "outlive" our bodies. That's a very non-science explanation of what I believe.

That's just me though
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by genghisgandhi
I vomited.

I don't mean that in a soul/ religious crap kinda way. I mean it like the OP said. The things that our brain projects, the thoughts and all that.

I think it is funny that everyone likes to be the scientist and discount everything. You know, science isn't infallible and that should be proven by the fact that the world is indeed not flat. Things that were superstition a hundred years ago are science today, and some of the science from 100 years ago is ridiculous to us now.

As to the question of what happens when you die, I think it should be a mystery. If it just ends, then so what - it is over. But if there is something after, then how cool is that? I mean, the only 2 truly amazing experiences anyone is promised in life is birth and death, and not many people remember the birth part.
Quote by katalyzt13
I think it is funny that everyone likes to be the scientist and discount everything. You know, science isn't infallible and that should be proven by the fact that the world is indeed not flat. Things that were superstition a hundred years ago are science today, and some of the science from 100 years ago is ridiculous to us now.

As to the question of what happens when you die, I think it should be a mystery. If it just ends, then so what - it is over. But if there is something after, then how cool is that? I mean, the only 2 truly amazing experiences anyone is promised in life is birth and death, and not many people remember the birth part.

Lol.
Quote by katalyzt13

What?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
So you're gonna starve them to death?? Asshole. They're living things just like you and I.

But eating my brain is not cool.

It's saved in the Steam cloud until you can transfer it to a new computer.

Also, thoughts are physical, not some floaty invisible stuff which is "saved" after death. You die and don't even know it, because you don't exist anymore. That's why you shouldn't be afraid of what happens after dying; you won't even realise it. You won't even be able to realise you realise.
At least, that's how I see it.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Jul 6, 2011,
Quote by Dealer16
But eating my brain is not cool.

Oh you meant your brain doesn't exist?

Well DUH! HAHAHAHAHA!

BURN!
Quote by katalyzt13

1) People are also promised taxes, which are pretty amazing.
2) It is physically impossible to remember being born.
3) It is physically impossible to remember dying.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Oh right, in that case I think they just stop basically I dunno, it's hard to explain.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 5