I've had a Peavey Valve King 212 combo for about three years now, but I'm heading off to college this fall and am thinking about selling it. It's a great amp, just a bit too bulky and loud. I'm hoping to get $350-$400 for it and I plan on putting that money towards a smaller amp.

I mainly play bass in a band now, but my heart is still in the six string. I'm looking for a small tube amp (maybe 1x12?) that can be more easily transported and is not as loud. I want something I can both practice and gig with. A Blues Jr. was the first thing that came to mind, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find one of those for less than $400 around these parts. Any thoughts/recommendations?
both the fender super champ xd and the vibrochamp xd are lower watt( 15 and 5) portable tube amps around $300 brand new.
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
for what kind of music?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by the bus driver
I've had a Peavey Valve King 212 combo. I'm hoping to get $350-$400 for it

that's a bit high imo but it depends on where i guess.

i agree with denied, a ~$300 blues jr would work well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks for all the responses. The ValveKing has been up on Craigslist for 5 days now and so far no luck. I'm pretty much sold on a Blues Jr. but I can't find any used in my area for under $400. And of course it all depends on whether or not I can sell the ValveKing.