Hello everyone. I'm going to buy a new acoustic guitar and I was pretty sure I was going to pick yamaha f310, but then I've read some things about the yamaha fg700ms that made me hold a step back.

Do you guys think that buying an yamaha fg700ms instead of a yamaha f310 is worth the money? Because I heard that the f310's top is laminated while the fg700ms's one is solid.

Would it be that much of a difference in therms of sound between these 2 guitars? I'm not planning in spending too much money but if the sound quality difference between these 2 guitars is significant, I'll spend the money on the fg700ms.

Thank you for your attention,

Sparkz
the yamaha fg700 is DEFINITELY the better guitar because the solid top will make it sound both louder and better tone wise.
man, what is your current guitar? No offense, but both of these look like beginner acoustics to me. I would say go with the cheaper if you really need a new guitar and then start saving for one for 350 - 500$ for an actual good acoustic.
taylor????????
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Quote by katalyzt13
man, what is your current guitar? No offense, but both of these look like beginner acoustics to me. I would say go with the cheaper if you really need a new guitar and then start saving for one for 350 - 500$ for an actual good acoustic.

Oh, sorry, but I didn't quite present myself. I've been playing electric guitar for like 2 and a half years and I'm planning on buying and acoustic one because I can't take the electric guitar among the amplifier out of home to the street easily. So I just want a decent acoustic guitar for a good price. Because I don't want to spend a lot of money into a guitar destinated to be in the street and the beach. But at the same time I want it to sound decent.

Thanks a lot for the answers so far more opinions please?
Quote by SparkzPT
Oh, sorry, but I didn't quite present myself. I've been playing electric guitar for like 2 and a half years and I'm planning on buying and acoustic one because I can't take the electric guitar among the amplifier out of home to the street easily. So I just want a decent acoustic guitar for a good price. Because I don't want to spend a lot of money into a guitar destinated to be in the street and the beach. But at the same time I want it to sound decent.

Thanks a lot for the answers so far more opinions please?

Ah, okay - well, unless you are set on a Yamaha, in my experience the lower end Takamines are really nice for the price. I've heard that the lower end Deans are nice, too, but I have personal experience with a few Takamines and I really like them.
Both of the Yamahas you have listed are fine, fine instruments. Despite being lower priced, Yamaha makes some very worthwhile guitars, especially for the money that you put in to one. I'll be honest though, I would recommend against buying an acoustic without playing it first. Specifically, I would tell you to buy the exact one that you play and like.

I stand by it with all guitars, but acoustics are notorious for sounding very different between guitars of the same model number. It's in the nature of the instrument being made of an organic material, its not very consistent.

If you've never heard, or played one for that matter, then you're taking a gamble with anything. If you can, just go out to the local music stores and play what they have. Anyone on this forum can recommend the brands they like, but at the end of the day its what you think that is most important; find the guitar that gives you what you want, and get it.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
to me, the 700 would be worth the additional money. it's got a solid top. on the other hand, the all lam yamahas are better than the competition.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by iband48
Both of the Yamahas you have listed are fine, fine instruments. Despite being lower priced, Yamaha makes some very worthwhile guitars, especially for the money that you put in to one. I'll be honest though, I would recommend against buying an acoustic without playing it first. Specifically, I would tell you to buy the exact one that you play and like.

I stand by it with all guitars, but acoustics are notorious for sounding very different between guitars of the same model number. It's in the nature of the instrument being made of an organic material, its not very consistent.

If you've never heard, or played one for that matter, then you're taking a gamble with anything. If you can, just go out to the local music stores and play what they have. Anyone on this forum can recommend the brands they like, but at the end of the day its what you think that is most important; find the guitar that gives you what you want, and get it.

I understand your point, and I am going to try them. But I wanted to know if the difference between those two would be noticeable. I've as well understood that personal preference is the key, the sad thing is that I live in a place without music stores -.- and I have to travel by car for like 2 hours to reach one.

Thanks to all the users for the advices and answers until now!