Page 1 of 3
So every month in the past years we've had contests such as calling all of the pit's guitarist, and last month, the other musicians.

So why not include all of them in one thread? Introducing . . .

CALLING ALL OF THE PIT'S MUSICIANS V1.0

GOAL: You have until July 20 to learn a song, any song of your choice, with the instrument of your choice, and record it and upload it.(To Youtube or any related site). This should prove some fun and a good time waster and all along your becoming a better musician. After all entries have been made we will judge on cleanliness, accuracy, techniques (ex. good harmonics or vibrato), styles, speed, etc. and overall impression.

NOTICE: Do not upload to a site where you have to register to view the videos (ie, facebook, etc)

*** OPEN REGISTRATION ***

Clock showing what time it is in EST: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ti...a/eastern-time/

Thanks to StewieSwan for this:
To export a GP5 drum track as an Mp3 if I just download the song from UG...

Make sure only the drum track is on (mute the others or press the S button on the drum track in GP) and then go File - Export - MIDI. Once the drum MIDI is exported, find it wherever you put it and open it with itunes. Then right click the track and select "create mp3".
If it doesn't say mp3, if it's another kind of format then go Edit - Preferences - General - Import Settings - Import Using Mp3 Encoder and then right click the song and convert to mp3. This is all assuming you have the latest itunes.

There are 6 categories:

Drums Section
Bass Section
Guitar Section
Keyboard Section

AND YES!

VOCALS!

There is also OTHER INSTRUMENTS, like violin, flutes, sax, ruler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclK1aUxZWA) and hell, even bottles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHsL-qiQYE&feature=related).

Winners will be voted for, and named Musician of The Month (Guitarist, Bassist, Vocalist, etc etc of the month)

HERE'S THE CATCH:

Winners will be featured in the Webzine UG Amplified, approved himself by blue_strat.

Please post the title of the song and band you are choosing and the category you are joining. Your registration will be invalidated if your registration is incomplete.

Post if you are interested. You can also join multiple categories but only 1 entry per instrument.

RULES:
1. Please do not pick a song you already know.
2. Feel free to register as long as you will pass an entry by the 20th.
3. The winners get featured in our webzine UG Amplified.
4. Refer to Goal Post.
5. Refer to Rule No.1!!!

Happy Playing. Anyone may enter. Except John Petrucci, John Myung, Jordan Rudess, James LaBrie and Mike Portnoy.

That was a joke.

DRUMS

Easy

Intermediate

Erik_Aero = Ebolarama - Every Time I Die
Sir-Shredalot = The Sound of Muzak - Porcupine Tree

Advanced

Sparky-MMA = Never Enough - Dream Theater
brandon369852 = Cursing Akenaten - After the Burial
niejel =In The Presence of Enemies, part 2 - Dream Theater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASS

Easy

Intermediate

Advanced

niejel = The Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUITARS

Easy

Andrea55 = Never Again - Kittie
Snowman388 = Everlong - Foo Fighters
Shinami = Midnight - Red Hot Chili Peppers
3OddOnes = Make Damn Sure - Taking Back Sunday
Gibson_SG_uzr55 = Anarchy In The UK - Sex Pistols
BeefWellington = Breath - Breaking Benjamin

Intermediate

Saint78 = CKY - Familiar Realm
dogmax = Tubelectric - Alexander Brandon
Shinami = Jet City Woman - Queensryche
Alkaline_64 = Crossroads - Cream
Snowman388 = My Curse - Killswitch Engage
oneblackened = For Victory Or Death - Amon Amarth

Advanced

Sir-Shredalot = Ladies Nite in Buffalo - Steve Vai
niejel = As I Am - Dream Theater
Random3 = Viking Kong - Racer X

KEYBOARDS

niejel = In The Presence of Enemies part 2 - Dream Theater
Baby_Joel = Prelude in C# Minor - Rachmoninov
Kensai = Metamorphosis part two - Phillip Glass

VOCALS

Mother Flame = I Miss You - Incubus
niejel = In The Name of God - Dream Theater
3OddOnes = Make Damn Sure - Taking Back Sunday
Gibson_SG_uzr55 = Kiss Me, I'm Contagious - From First To Last
Andrea55 = Close My Eyes Forever - Lita Ford

Other Instruments

EDIT: Tiers are now in order, though not sure first about the keyboards, vocals and other instruments.
Last edited by niejel at Jul 20, 2011,
I thought we made the point in the last guitarist themed one that it was so unsuccessful because of the sheer lack of time given for registration and submission?

If registration was opened up for another few days I may be able to do it, but I'm in the middle of moving into a dorm and starting college courses, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to participate.
RPGoof: Just join if you want to. I can bend the rules on registration but not the one on the deadline because the webzine has a deadline.
Last edited by niejel at Jul 6, 2011,
To be honest, I can't be arsed. Lord knows I've only ever entered one of these, and I'm too busy this week anyway what with just moving into a new house, plus leaving town for four days fo my uncle's funeral.
I would join but there's actually no point if there's no tiers, everyone'll just shred and I can't so nah.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I would join but there's actually no point if there's no tiers, everyone'll just shred and I can't so nah.

I'll put that into consideration.
Quote by Trowzaa

+ 1. Unless each section had three tiers, this would be pointless.
You won't find many musicians here
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
But how could I learn a song, if I have to be in the pit

Inception
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Thanks for the heads up niejel!

Sign me up for guitar, easy, Anarchy in the UK-Sex Pistols
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Bump of righteousness
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Can I do guitar for both easy and intermediate? Like in the Calling all Guitarists?
I will do drums, advanced I guess. Let me find a song and I'll edit it in this post. When do we need the video made?

REEDIT: I'm gonna do Cursing Akenaten by After the Burial - advanced because it's more groovy!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Jul 8, 2011,
This is looking pretty grim if registration closes in 2 days. I'll register for vocals, but I don't want to be the only one hah.
Quote by StewieSwan

this, not to mentioning you're making this whole thing way too complicated.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well i was considering learning ladies nite in buffalo steve vai and porcupine trees the sound of muzak on drums so ill do it
Noone on vocals? If that stays like that till the tenth I win by default even if I sing Bat Country really badly?
Piano

Rachmoninov- Prelude in C# Minor

It's about to get all Russian Romantic up in this thread.
It's advanced, if you need that info.
Quote by Shinami
Can I do guitar for both easy and intermediate? Like in the Calling all Guitarists?

Fo sho.

Quote by JD2k9
Noone on vocals? If that stays like that till the tenth I win by default even if I sing Bat Country really badly?

I don't remember you registering.

You could sign up. Actually you could just sign up, I don't care much for the registration deadline but I will close all entries on the 20th for the mag.

LIST UPDATED, cheers.
Quote by niejel
I don't remember you registering.

You could sign up. Actually you could just sign up, I don't care much for the registration deadline but I will close all entries on the 20th for the mag.

LIST UPDATED, cheers.

I'll sign up, but I'm a really really bad singer. Do you REALLY need an entry from me?
I would join, but this week is a bad one for me.

If we could do one of these in September I'd be fine, though.

If I find I have time, I'll join tomorrow. I don't think I will though.

Quick question: Is there a "Best Beginner", "Best Intermediate" and "Best Advanced" award? Or is it just "Best X-ist"
Crossroads - Cream (Guitar, Intermediate).

Glad to see the tiers there. Hope this goes well.

EDIT: Haha, the tabs on this website are telling me its intermediate. Well, okay then.
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Jul 9, 2011,
This thread needs more publicity. Ask for it to be stickied?

Put in in for Guitar, Easy tier with Breath by Breaking Benjamin.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
put me down for Makedamnsure by Taking Back Sunday, Guitar Easy tier
Also same song on Vocals
Last edited by 3OddOnes at Jul 9, 2011,
i'll go for Never Enough by Dream Theater on Drums. i'd say intermediate/advanced
i'm Ginger its fun
Wait...did you determine the level of difficulty? I said advanced, but you put it under intermediate
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Wait...did you determine the level of difficulty? I said advanced, but you put it under intermediate

You just edited now the Advanced part.

Quote by JD2k9
I'll sign up, but I'm a really really bad singer. Do you REALLY need an entry from me?

It's not about winning. It's all about improving.

Quote by DiminishedFifth

Quick question: Is there a "Best Beginner", "Best Intermediate" and "Best Advanced" award? Or is it just "Best X-ist"

It's a surprise.

But every tier will have a winner, that I can assure you.

Quote by BeefWellington

This thread needs more publicity. Ask for it to be stickied?

Please and thank you.

NOTE AGAIN GUYS: Winners will be featured on our community webzine UG Amplified.

LIST UPDATED.

While you're at it, check this out guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI37RavLBD0

Comments, cheers.
Last edited by niejel at Jul 9, 2011,
Put me in on keyboard section, learning the song "Philip Glass - Metamorphosis part two". Hopefully I'll learn it before leaving.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Put me in on keyboard section, learning the song "Philip Glass - Metamorphosis part two". Hopefully I'll learn it before leaving.

Hello Kensai.

List updated. Cheers.
Page 1 of 3