Hello, this will be my first EVER forum topic posted on this site and to celebrate, I would love to ask every electric guitar player: "What brand and manufacturing year was your oldest pack of strings?" Do feel free to say where you got them and when... PS: Mine were "Fender Spanish Guitar Mastersound Flatwound #50" circa 1969 I found at the thrift store I'm a regular for and they let me have them for FREE!!!!
You're certainly excited to join the forum. Welcome aboard.

Oldest pack of strings? Hmm, the stock string on a Fender 1996 strat, got it for free after it's original owner left the poor guitar in a case for fifteen years.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
Ernie ball circa 2008
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Mystery strings on a 30 year old hohner, they were originally steel and wound wtc, but they were so worn down and smooth they felt and sounded like nylon
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Depends on how old the strings on the pawn shop guitars were. But a friend of mine who no longer plays had an ibanez gio with like 2 year old strings on it, and i played it. sounded much better after a re-string.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
I know you specified guitar players, but I'm going to respond anyway. I've been using the same set of flats on my p-bass for about three years now. I'm not changing them anytime soon either--the thump is absolutely bad ass.

This is one of those situations where I think bass and guitar players will have the widest difference in taste. I have to change my rounds every couple of months or the tone makes me miserable, but bass flats only get better and better with age.
i'm still saving a set of EB slinkies from the 80's in the freezer for later.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

In the freezer?!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
yea then you have to boil them before you put them on.

first time?
i sold a 7 string that was at least 10 years old with origional POS factory strings, granted it wasn't played much.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gregs1020

How does keeping them in the freezer help with preservation of the strings? I'd love to know.
it keeps them fresh obviously.
A freezer has an extremely low humidity (all the water in the air condenses out to become ice). That's why you get freezer burn, all the moisture gets sucked out of it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
my dad passed and left my his yamaha 12 string acoustic guitar. strings must be about 20 years old on that
The school had a guitar back from the lawsuit timeframe when brands ripped off Fender or Gibson (one of the two). The thing was an antique and the strings were oldddddddd
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?