So I'm going to college in the fall and Im looking to continue recording and whatnot while I'm there.

I don't want to bring an amp and mic it (like I'm doing now), so I was hoping for a DI box of some sort.

I already have a DAW and a decent laptop so I just need an audio interface with a decent VST? (Correct me if I'm wrong please!)

Could someone recommend something I could use to record and play electric guitar with, without requiring me to bring an amp with me?I have no problem just using headphones/speakers and whatnot, I just want to be able to record while at college.

Thanks for any help in advance!
M-Audio Fast Track US

LePou's Plug Ins
AcmeGigBar's Plug Ins
TSE 808 (Tube Screamer)
TSE X50 (High Gain Amp)
TSE X30 (High Gain Amp)
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
i've been very satisfied with my Line6 ux3, but i don't have any experience to compare with other audio interfaces

the audio quality is very good, and the Pod Farm virtual amp that comes packaged is really good when compared to a solid state amp (doesn't rly hold up to a tube amp, but were you rly expecting it to?). comes with all the effects you could ever want a bunch you would haha.

headphone out, and monitor out if you want it. hope that helps!
Quote by SilverSpurs616
They should provide amps and recording interfaces, along with the computers and software (usually a Mac with Logic or simular)

Then again, there's always this http://line6.com/podstudio/

Never used it but I constantly hear high praise for it

I'm not going to school for music, so I doubt that.. and I want to be able to do it in my dorm room
buy a boss br600, its an 8 track recorder with a large amount of features, and a nice pair of headphones