I'm limited on money but I really want a tube amp should I get the Behringer BC15 or the Behringer AC108? I would like an answer from someone who has used it, I don't plan on using any amp effects as I have my own pedals and I dont use heavy distortion. Most of my guitars have humbuckers but I also have a strat.

Also If you have never used it in the description it says Tube powered Pre-amp, would I still get the full tube amp sound? Is that how normal tube amps work?
The Behringer AC108 is a no go. Don't do it. It has one preamp tube. pure gimmick. It is a solid state amp with a single preamp tube. Here are the specs I found off Behringer site.

VINTAGER AC108
15-Watt Vintage Guitar Amp with Vacuum Tube
Extremely versatile guitar amplifier with hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube
Authentic vintage design for classic guitar sound
Powerful 20-Watt, 8" vintage-tuned guitar speaker
2-channel tube preamp and wide-range gain control for super-fat sounds with all pickup types
Dedicated 2-band EQ plus mid-shift button for creative sound-shaping
CD input allows you to play along to your favorite music
Dedicated master level control and powerful headphone output
High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

bolded parts emphasize bullshit factor
---------------------

The BC15 is made by Behringer (fixed). Although a bit better - it is still kinda crappy. I looked up the specs and it appears to be same specs as the Behringer AC108 :shurg: Again, don't do it.

If you want real amp help there are a few stickies that will help you out. Read those. This one in particular I really like

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

The Bugera V22 is about one of the only amps I can recommend from Bugera and they have had their share of quality issues too. Tonally - it is a decent amp.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 7, 2011,
exactly. i fully recommend bugera FOR THE PRICE. dont go full behringer.

its like tropic thunder. you never go full retarded. well, you never go full behringer. you can go rainman, you can go bugera, never go full retarded/behringer.

i have a v22. for the money spend, i am quite happy. ive used behringer gear. easily one of my buggaboos. no gos. everything ive used from them is crap with exception to thier bugera line.
Quote by ikey_
exactly. i fully recommend bugera FOR THE PRICE. dont go full behringer.

its like tropic thunder. you never go full retarded. well, you never go full behringer. you can go rainman, you can go bugera, never go full retarded/behringer.

i have a v22. for the money spend, i am quite happy. ive used behringer gear. easily one of my buggaboos. no gos. everything ive used from them is crap with exception to thier bugera line.

Behringer = Bugera

Saying that Bugera is better than Behringer is like encouraging someone to buy a Compaq over a HP.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Bugera is a brand owned by Music Group, which also owns Behringer. Uli Behringer is Music Group's chairman. So there you have it, that's how these two brands are related. Usually, when people talk about Behringer, they mean the whole conglomerate that is Music Group. In that sense, Bugera is not distributed, but owned by Behringer, 100%. Far as I understand, Bugera amps are manufactured in the same facilities as the rest of Behringer's stuff - which makes either a fire hazard, as early Bugeras showed and Behringer-branded amps still show today on a regular basis. Luckily the failure-rate among Bugeras seems to have been going down with time, so much that I don't recall anyone complaining about their V22/V55 crapping out.
Bugera is what Behringer writes on what they consider to be their higher quality stuff. If that's what they call high quality what hope have you got with stuff that they don't consider good enough to get the Bugera label?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
My own personal experiences with Behringer are limited to 3 large, overly priced (for their spec) mixing desks at various venues, all of which were already broken or broke during use. Avoid like the plague.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
The BC-15 isn't an all tube amp, it only has a preamp tube and a solidstate power amp section. Bugeras are hit and miss really. Great sound for the price, but reliability is pretty shaky. My V55's reverb started crapping out a couple of weeks after I got it, so I returned it. But I've heard a lot of the recent Bugeras are pretty good with reliability. See the Bugera Militia thread for more details.

And as for your question in red, the short answer is no. A tube power amp gives your amp those nuances such as sag, compression and warmth that we all know and love. A preamp tube really just gives you your gain. Sure, a tube preamp will sound better than a solidstate preamp, but it doesn't make much difference in the overall equation.
Behringer or Bugera products are for the beginner musician or the musician who does not want to spend too much on gear. They work and they will get you through a gig provided your expectations are not overly optimistic. I disagree with the reputation that they break easily, I've used my fair share of products from both brands and never had a problem, but again I take care of my stuff and don't kick them around. The AC108 is an OK tube hybrid for a starting or starving musician, go for it, eventually you will out grow it.
Holy necrobump, Batman.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I wonder what he bought and what he has now :-)
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.