I wrote this song to sort of poke fun at the cliches that melodic death metal is ridden with. A lot of fans of the genre thought it was cool, and a lot of detracters laughed knowingly while clucking their teeth. That was the desired result.
Attachments:
NilesSong.gp5
i'm not trying to be mean, but this doesn't sound like melodic death metal. i mean it had a breakdown...
This is to melodeath as Mariah Carey is to melodeath
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Breakdowns? This sounds more like a poor attempt at metalcore, not so much anything like melodic death metal.
Quote by blackvalor0804
Breakdowns? This sounds more like a poor attempt at metalcore, not so much anything like melodic death metal.

i sent to message after i heard the first breakdown, and then my point was just reaffirmed with the second and third ones. the piece actually sounds completely metalcore, i hardly detected any melodic death metal =/
Like so many others have stated, this is metalcore. There's not actually anything related to melodic death metal or death metal in general.
I suppose I meant the type of metalcore that's really watered down At The Gates + breakdowns.