Alright guys, im stuck in a tough decision between these two amps. I've seen videos of both, and liked the sound of both. theres no chance that i will be able to try either of these, so im gonna have to rely on your advice. I'm after a Killswitch Engage kind of tone, and the bugera gets me pretty close to that. but will the jca100h (with my OD) Get the same tone without sounding any worse? or will it be better?
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Adam uses the EVH 5150 III, so if you can afford it, that might be something to consider. A lot of people are going to bash me for saying this, but I wouldn't pay a dime over $1000 for a tube amp. If you are cheap like me, a Peavey 6505 would do the job well, I've played some Killswitch Engage through them before.
^ The new 50W 5150 III head is coming soonish and is supposedly going to be under $1000. Seems like your budget is around $600 though....?

What is your OD? Personally I think my JCA50 can get great metal tones without boosting it, but I recently got a Maxon OD808 and it makes the JCA a contender with any other metal amp out there.
Quote by ChrisBW
^ The new 50W 5150 III head is coming soonish and is supposedly going to be under $1000. Seems like your budget is around $600 though....?

What is your OD? Personally I think my JCA50 can get great metal tones without boosting it, but I recently got a Maxon OD808 and it makes the JCA a contender with any other metal amp out there.

i was pleasntly suprised how metally it can get without a boost, with a boost, it doesn't seem to add much to the amp than unwanted hiss.

i woul say jet city over bugera.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ChrisBW

I've got a GFS Greenie OD. It works great for my HT-5. Doesnt color the tone either. and yeah my budget is about a maximum of $650 US
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Boost or not the JCA100 will not get you near the KSE tone like the Bugera will. Assuming the Bugera is still working.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by Kev_369
Boost or not the JCA100 will not get you near the KSE tone like the Bugera will. Assuming the Bugera is still working.

That depends on which KSE tone he's after, though, considering the crazy rigs those guys run and the different amps they use from album to album.

I don't like Bugera, whereas I thoroughly approve of Jet City. You can get metal out of either head just fine, though.

You might also want to wait for the 50w EVH 5150 III to come out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
One company faithfully reproduces known classic designs with the aid of a legendary amp builder in a cheap and affordable package and still manages to retain a boutique feel to them.

The other company makes cheap knock offs which barely avoid law suits.

Your call
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The other company makes cheap knock offs which barely avoid law suits.

And you keep getting reminded that you only own a copy of the real thing.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Flames pouring out the back of your amp is sooooo metal. You gotta have a Bugera.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Kev_369

That depends on so many things.

KSE supposedly used an SLO on As Daylight Dies. The Jet City will get closer to that tone than the Bugera.
Buy the bugera, take the precautions posted on BeerChurchs blog. It'll get you closer to the tone you want.

Quote by Ignite
That depends on so many things.

KSE supposedly used an SLO on As Daylight Dies. The Jet City will get closer to that tone than the Bugera.

Not entirely true. the amount of production on KSE's guitar tones is redonkulous. They go through so many different E.qs and pre amps and layer loads of tracks in production, So you'll never get the true KSE tone live without dropping serious cash.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by Kev_369

just save up money for a good condition used peavey 6505/5150, you will not regret it, if you get another cheap tube amp youll just soon in the near future get a new one and then a new one etc. until you realise its better to spend a little extra money the first time instead of loosing money on trying alot of different cheap stuff
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard