Shawn!,
The playing is impressive & tight! Nice melodies. That slow-down was pretty bizarre! More bizarre stuff at 3:40, don't know how you did that either, assuming it's a synth or some software thing. More crazy stuff later on! I probably would have made it shorter, but that's just me. Pretty wild stuff! Overall, it's rather different & pretty cool! Please listen to my weird music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456385
wow you had some really amazing riffs throughout the whole thing! i can honestly say there were no weak points to this song it sounds professionally done good work
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Thanks aaron aardvark, Mike, and mcantu111!!

The Korn+Skrillex single was a huge influence in making this particular track.

Oh yeah, by the way Aaron, I always look forward to your music every time I visit this section. Just wanted to say that. ^_^
Seriously man, this was really good. The tone was a bit dry it seemed, but its probably just personal preference. I liked everything about this except the dubstep lol. If the song ended around 3:30 it would be great. But another three and a half minutes was all filler for the random video clips, none of it meshed in any way so it seems like two entirely separate tracks, which is what it should be, to me at least. One where there is the instrumental you played, another with the dubstep.

But, I do pretty much hate dubstep, shows up too much for me so maybe someone who enjoys will like the last 3 or so minutes. Either way, some really good playing.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Thanks The Uncreator and vtcbass!!

@The Uncreator: I have two other tracks that are completely metal and no dubstep if you'd like. ^.^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongJpmJUJJY Thanks! (By the way, I'm listening to "Interval 5: The Waves As They Crash Against The Stars" at the moment. AMAZING!)

@vtcbass: I'll check your music out in a bit! Thank you again for everything, adding me on Facebook and whatnot!
After I listened to this track, I listened to a song called Thorns (or Thrones?) Which was pretty straight badassery.

Dubstep aint my thing, but the metal part is awesome.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Great stuff! Love your overall tone, reminds me of The Haunted.

Everything's very solid to the first "metalstep"-y part, where I really would've liked some bass. In the pure dubstep part, a lot of the synths feel very treble-heavy, almost painfully so. Would've liked the background melody to be a bit more prominent in the mix to tie it all together more.

The different theme cameos are pretty hilarious. The whole dubstep part does drag on a bit, though, it could use some contrast or a break. Not a huge-fan of the, err, vocoder? It sounds a tad exaggerated.

Very slick track overall though.