I am in the market for a new amp. I would like to get a punchy, yet bluesy sound. Right now I am playing from a Orange Crush 30R and I love the tone, but, I can get a punchyness too it. I think it is because it lacks bottom end (10 inch speaker) I was thinking of getting an electro-harmonix 44 magnum and getting an orange 112 cab with a Celestrion vintage 60. Would this give me the same tone but with the punch I am looking for?

Thanks
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
so you like the tone, you just think it doesn't have any balls?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
exactly...it tends to be a little muffled too with overdrive...but if i turn up the highs it gets way too shrill
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
well i have planty of eq from my boss me 50

My Website
Quote by W4RP1G
A 12 inch speaker would help, just make sure to match the impedance. But an EQ pedal will go a long way too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/danelectro-dj14-fish-and-chips-7-band-eq-pedal/151873000000000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26018622

I have one of those, and for $30, you can't beat it. I never, ever want to play without an EQ pedal again.

for only $30? so good price for me.
i just don't want to card around a bunch of pedals to gigs... my rig needs to be fairly mobile

My Website
Quote by Angusman60
exactly...it tends to be a little muffled too with overdrive...but if i turn up the highs it gets way too shrill

have you tried a tiny terror combo?

edit: i mean the cab isn't going to change that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
way out of my pricerange

My Website
Quote by Angusman60
well i have planty of eq from my boss me 50

Not likely. I have a Boss ME70, and the EQ is severly lacking. I used it for a while until i decided to bite the bullet on a pedal, and after i discovered i could get one for $30, i was kicking myself. The EQ on the ME70 is nearly as useless as the EQ on my amp. You just cant beat the control you get with a 7 band EQ or the convenience of a single pedal with sliders.
What's your budget? It sounds like a decent tube amp pushing the power tubes is what you need for some 'oomph'.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I would like to spend no more than $500-$600

My Website
Used Randall RM20 combo with a Tweed module.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores