I'm wondering how to get that shimmery tremolo sound found on Yo La Tengo's "Decora". I know Ira Kaplan uses a Fender Vibrolux and Super Reverb. I'm assuming he loops his noisey/ambient tracks on the Vibrolux and then switches to the Super Reverb. Anyone know how to emulate this sound with pedals? I'm currently playing out of a Fender Super Champ XD with a Boss Blues Driver and a Russian Big Muff.

I was thinking about getting either an Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird or Catalinbread Pareidolia Harmonic Mesmerizer. Hopefully one of these two will do the trick, though I'm open to any suggestions.
One of the greatest bands ever. I think you might be reading too much into it. The studio version is just that...Studio. If you watch some live vids, he does the tremolo intro, but when the "other" guitar kicks in, the tremolo piece ends. You could easily get a looper and play everything though. Decora isn't too heavy, I'm guessing the Blues Driver is enough. I believe he had multiple ProCo Rats, but I don't hear it in Decora.