So basically, I had my heart set on an ATX Schecter Avenger, but realized I really want something with a Floyd Rose. I would like a guitar with a mahogany body, ebony fingerboard, and extra jumbo frets (preferably 24 but I don't really care). I've looked at a few explorers, and a PRS, but I don't know a lot of my options. If anyone knows of a guitar with these specs for under or around $1000, let me know and I will love you forever.
I love the sound of Music Man JP series and Axis guitars as well as Suhr and Vigier. Have fun with the under $1000 on those though :\
Unless you're sticking to one tuning I wouldn't recommend a floyd rose... But eh if you like em, and don't mind the hour+ set up then go for it!
I guess I shouldn't have said floyd rose, just a floating tremolo in general, lol. And I have another guitar for other tunings, I just find that I need something with bigger frets. I have too many guitars, and I decided that if I got another guitar I would shell out and get everything exactly how I want it. Right now I'm playing a les paul that I love, but after playing a PRS Torero, I want something very similar to that. However, I just feel the body shape is too plain. I really wanted the avenger body shape, but I'll sacrifice looks for the specs I want.
Last edited by kibatsume at Jul 7, 2011,
Used ESP M-II comes to mind.

Do you have a preferred body shape/neck preference?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Used ESP M-II comes to mind.

Do you have a preferred body shape/neck preference?

Like I said, I really liked the avenger body shape. I don't particularly like the strat style body, just because I think it's overdone, but I'm not opposed to it.
I just took a look at some of the schecter guitars.....
One of the first avengers I saw has a floyd on it. Is it just not a model you like???
Are you opposed to bolt on necks? Because there is the Damien Elite Avenger FR.

EDIT: But that's rosewood... hmm...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
And what about the synyster signature series??? They have the same shape and I think ALL of them have floyds
i also seen some DBZ guitars, it seems that they fit the criteria, so have a look
Quote by Zerox8610
Unless you're sticking to one tuning I wouldn't recommend a floyd rose... But eh if you like em, and don't mind the hour+ set up then go for it!

if its taking you an hour to setup your floyd rose for a different tuning your doing something wrong
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
if its taking you an hour to setup your floyd rose for a different tuning your doing something wrong

this!