Realing hoping someone can help, coz its 7:20 pm and no stores are open...
I bought a ps3 today... and a game that needs updating.. Cept i have no wifi around here...

But my internet modem plugs into the computer with usb.
Could i plug that into my ps3 usb port?
If so could someone explain how i'd get that too work?

Peaceout!
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
how the hell does it know it needs an upgrade when it isn't connected to the internet?

unless the system is behind the game...then that's shit as.

I think it's only ethernet too, no usb to web.
yo.

I BELIEVE
\it does say "play station network" on the game cover (starwars The Force unleased)!
Also got call of duty modern warfare and assasins creed 2 - which is effing sick,, but i suck! haha

Thanks for the help guys! Gotta get mah self one of these ethernet cables.Z

“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
Quote by tissue-box
\it does say "play station network" on the game cover (starwars The Force unleased)!
Also got call of duty modern warfare and assasins creed 2 - which is effing sick,, but i suck! haha

Thanks for the help guys! Gotta get mah self one of these ethernet cables.Z

You probably want ethernet cable anyway. I think Wifi is a little bit finicky at times.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
My room is an converted attic and if I were to use an Ethernet cable it would be a seemingly endless wire sprawling through my house, so if you are far away from your land line/PC then go wireless.

Wireless can be a hassle if a lot of people are using it so I recommend putting a password on but apart from that you shouldn't have too many problems (unless you get a shit router/modem/service, etc.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Unless you play online it doesn't need updating, period.

It's only when you connect to online that it searches for patches and updates. If it does come up with a need for updating you're connected to the internet via your PS3, but most games that do that you can opt to not update and still play the game offline.

Edit: Also, take it to the Gaming Thread in future. They are your best bet for questions about consoles, pcs and games.
Last edited by SG_dave at Jul 7, 2011,
I know the xbox has this, so check with a PS3. Get a RJ11 to RJ45 and your PS3 can act as a PPPoE modem where you just put your internet dialup credentials in.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by tissue-box
Realing hoping someone can help, coz its 7:20 pm and no stores are open...
I bought a ps3 today... and a game that needs updating.. Cept i have no wifi around here...

But my internet modem plugs into the computer with usb.
Could i plug that into my ps3 usb port?
If so could someone explain how i'd get that too work?

Peaceout!

This could be old, but I remember my friend's PS3 wasn't connected to internet of any form, and it still got the updates because the games had them on the discs.

But that was 2-3 years ago now, so
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness