I'm about to buy an electric guitar, a cheap one considering that i'm a beginner (I've been playing acoustic and classic guitars for some years now, but I've yet to play an electric one).

The options on the table are :

1) Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
2) Cort X6
3) Ibanez grg170dx

every opinions/insight/input will be greatly appreciated.
thank you for reading.
What is your budget, where are you located, and are you willing to go used?

We can probably recommend some better options out there to help you out.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I once played a GRG170dx, in my opinion it has too much bass and too less brilliance but if it's too much or too less depends on what type of music you want to play. So this would be a good information too, although I assume you don't want to play the lighter stuff. But yeah, maybe we can recommend better options.
Quote by Offworld92
What is your budget, where are you located, and are you willing to go used?

We can probably recommend some better options out there to help you out.

My budget is something between 100-250 euro (140 usd - 350 usd, more or less). This is the price range of the 3 guitars listed above. I've no problem with used guitar (actually the ''peavey raptor exp'' I can buy is a demo guitar from a music store).
I'm from Italy by the way.
Out of those three, in my opinion you'd be best with the Ibanez. What sort of genres do you like, what would you want to play?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
if you want a cheap electric guitar get a used one of higher quality than them for the same price, i will also say that the switch from classic/acoustic to electric isnt very hard and there is no point in getting a cheap electric just because youre new to it. youll just spend even more money buying a better one in 3-6 months and its pointless, if youre good at the classic just get a mid-range electric (of course this depends on your budget).
I played the classic for 3 1/2 years and 6 months ago i started playing the electric and im already playing sweet child o mine and little wing and i know how to play most of the red hot chili pepper song.
At my opinion and some experience,the Ibanez is best option.It`s hard to say....it depends what kind of music and sound you like
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP are made in Korea.
Cort X6 are made in Indonesia.
Ibanez grg170dx are made in China.

Quality-wise I'd get Peavey, but if you really want floyd then get Cort.
Kombat Gear:

Well I think I will be playing mostly progressive rock/hard rock and some metal (heavy/progressive metal, i'm not a fan of ultraspeedy metal genres like trash and death metal), and some punk rock as well.
          Peavey
          Hufschmid
          Blackat
          Washburn USA Custom Shop
          PRS
          Mayones
          Orange
          Diezel
          Engl
          Quote by some1fat
          Peavey Raptor Plus EXP are made in Korea.
          Cort X6 are made in Indonesia.
          Ibanez grg170dx are made in China.

Quality-wise I'd get Peavey, but if you really want floyd then get Cort.

Thank you for the infomation.
          By ''floyd'' I assume you are referencing to the floyd rose type of tremolo, which is the best one to keep your guitar in tune after a vibrato (correct me if i'm wrong).
          Is it a decisive element in choosing an electic guitar ?
          Quote by francesco18
          Thank you for the infomation.
          By ''floyd'' I assume you are referencing to the floyd rose type of tremolo, which is the best one to keep your guitar in tune after a vibrato (correct me if i'm wrong).
          Is it a decisive element in choosing an electic guitar ?

Cheap floyds suck and get out of tune all the time.
          Hufschmid
          Blackat
          Washburn USA Custom Shop
          PRS
          Mayones
          Orange
          Diezel
          Engl
          Surely, there are better Ibanezes than that for 250 euros? Or has Greece mucked up again?
          Woffelz

Twitter
          Youtube
          Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
          Alesis Core 1
          BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
          Hi guys, finally I bought the Yamaha Pacifica 112v (I know, it wasn't even listed into my options but whatever).

Now I've to choose a decent amplifier (I thought I had one somewhere in my garage but I found out it's just a four channel mixer with two 200-watt speakers, if I plug my guitar into this thing it sounds horrible, I mean I could only play some old school black metal due to the disturbances and noises coming out of the speakers ).

My first option is the Peavey Vypyr 30 (btw : can I use a Crybaby pedal with it ?), if you have better options/alternatives than the Vypyr in the same price range i'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.