I personally love John Frusciante's strumming rhythms in the chorus of By The Way by the red hot chili peppers, and in the middle section of Venice Queen (they're pretty similar). Don't know if they're really hard for you but they certainly sound good and are pretty unique.
I dont know if it's 4/4, but if you're looking for a singing while playing challenge, try time flies, by porcupine tree
Does it have to be one bar?
If not, you could go with a polyrhythmic (or polymeter? forgive me...I mix them up..) pattern.

What I mean is make a phrase that is the same length as say...a 5/4 measure, but play it over 4/4, so that each bar starts off differently, eventhough it's still the same pattern going over and over again.

That's gonna be a challenge for sure
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
Does it have to be one bar?
If not, you could go with a polyrhythmic (or polymeter? forgive me...I mix them up..) pattern.

What I mean is make a phrase that is the same length as say...a 5/4 measure, but play it over 4/4, so that each bar starts off differently, eventhough it's still the same pattern going over and over again.

That's gonna be a challenge for sure

One or two bars. About the polyrythm thing: the guitar itself need to play in 4/4.
How about you create your own rhythm? If you want it to be hard, just use shorter notes and syncopation. Here's an idea:

s s r s_s s s r r s s s r s s s
x       x       x       x

s: sixteenth note
r: sixteenth rest
_: tie
x: the beat
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by Thsoesbergen
I dont know if it's 4/4, but if you're looking for a singing while playing challenge, try time flies, by porcupine tree

I think that is in 6/4, but I'm not sure
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Last edited by RDSElite at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by Usernames sucks
What exactly do you mean by off beat? (im sure i know what you are talking about, but im not an expert in english).

Off beat, means it's like, inbetween the beats, like you have a 4/4 beat, it goes 1,2,3,4, a normal off beat of that would be .5,.1.5,2.5,3.5 like, every 1/8th of the beat. Or something.