I just got my boss me 50 from my neighbour the other day(completely free! ) and im struggling to get patches for it! Its real hard! its even harder because im running it through a line 6 spider iv 30. its so noisy! could any of you state the settings for the following artists? -
Avenged sevenfold
Steve vai
Joe satriani
Parkway drive
August burns red
Plain metalcore tone
Djent tone - like icarus lives sort of
Jimi hendrix
Any other useful tones you'd like to suggest!

\m/
Settings for a Spider?

There's only one that matters: OFF

Seriously, the Spider's not helping your tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Settings for a Spider?

There's only one that matters: OFF

Seriously, the Spider's not helping your tone.

No, settings for the boss me50. im going to get a tube amp and replace the spider.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Definitely get the tube amp. You're likely not to be able to evaluate the ME-50 properly running into the Spider.
Quote by leigh596
I just got my boss me 50
\m/

I had one and personally didn't care for it that much. Although I did like the harmony effects for solo'ing.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
I had one and personally didn't care for it that much. Although I did like the harmony effects for solo'ing.

i got it free so im not complaining
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
i got it free so im not complaining

Oh well in that case, sure as heck would have kept it haha. Had a nice array of delays that I liked
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
pretty sure those bands/people use a lot of different effects and tones and amps that a multi effect unit won't really emulate.

Ex: Hendrix used a fuzz, wah, octave and a vibe, but jamming them on all at once might sound like a nightmare.

(something)-core bands, detune your guitar to an unnecessarily low tuning, and scoop the mids, and crank the gain, then start a new thread to discuss why you can't hear yourself when you play with people.
Why rely on patches or settings that other people think sound like a certain band. Why not sit down and listen and try and reach the tones yourself. If you try you can get any sound you want out of anything ney sayers are just impatient or don't know enough about there equipment.

Also do some research on the net if you can't quite figure out an effect, I know of stacks of sites that list quite accurately effects and pedals bands/guitarists use. The Boss ME-50 is great I have one and it just takes a bit of listening and patience to get the right tone as with anything.