Page 1 of 2
i was recently discussing this with my gf and was wondering how a large group of males might respond to this.

why do they not have hormonal birth control for males? if they do why is it not being used more often?
i talking about stuff like the pill and the shot which are pretty common methods of birth control by lots of females and i am wondering why there isnt something similar for males.

as a male would you be willing to take a pill everyday or a shot every six months in order to feel a little more secure?

as a female would you prefer if you potential boyfriend were on the pill/shot?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
It's called a condom. duh
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
1. It exists

2. THe female version also has other postive effects such as regulating their periods. They can lessen the pain when acutally on a period. etc.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Harvey Swick
i was recently discussing this with my gf and was wondering how a large group of males might respond to this.

why do they not have hormonal birth control for males?

Because male and female physiology are different, and thus hormonal birth control would have to be different. Female hormonal birth control often works quite simply by tricking the womb into thinking it's pregnant and thus not implanting any fertilised eggs. Any male version would have to interfere with sperm in some way, and thus would be much more complex.
However, afaik they are developing some forms, one of which when tested on rats had massive efficiency and only needed to be taken (in pill form) once every few months. It'll probably be years before we see a male "pill" that can be released on the market.

if they do why is it not being used more often?

If they did it would likely be a massive money maker. Men already use condoms, and even men who don't see sex in their immediate future tend to carry some. All this despite the fact that condoms make sex less enjoyable. Men who could go on such a pill would probably almost universally do so.

OT: I'd definitely use it if it came out. I already use condoms and my girlfriend uses the pill. Condoms suck though, so provided there were no serious side effects I'd be far happier to use a pill.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by bluekirby7
It's called a condom. duh

For someone who is always right, you don't seem to have the definition of 'hormonal' completely down.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
1. It exists

link? availability?

OT: I'd definitely use it if it came out. I already use condoms and my girlfriend uses the pill. Condoms suck though, so provided there were no serious side effects I'd be far happier to use a pill.

you are more the demographic that i would hope would respond.

if you have a steady relationship and both parties are using hormonal birth control you wouldnt need condoms. which i think would be awesome.

ITT: ts states he has a girlfriend and regular sex.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
ITT: ts states he has a girlfriend and regular sex.

not sure what ITT stand for but yes.

yes i do.

Hormonal birth control wont have an effect on the transfer of many STIs. It would be a great money maker if it were advertised more, because many guys would go on it, until they realized they would still have to wear a condom, or run the risk of diseases.
I remember hearing that Bill Gates was funding some sort of research for a sonic based temporary infertil-izer ray thing. Anybody else remember that? (Sounds like a tinfoil hat guy kinda sentence)
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Hormonal birth control wont have an effect on the transfer of many STIs. It would be a great money maker if it were advertised more, because many guys would go on it, until they realized they would still have to wear a condom, or run the risk of diseases

i think it would still be popular even though you would till wear a condom for protection. it would make me feel a lot more secure personally if i wasnt in a relationship and was having intercourse with different women

I remember hearing that Bill Gates was funding some sort of research for a sonic based temporary infertil-izer ray thing. Anybody else remember that? (Sounds like a tinfoil hat guy kinda sentence)

sounds really cool. would that really be something Bill gates would fund? strikes me as weird but....

I would rather have a pill than condoms any day o the week. And idk abou most guys but I'm in a relationship with a girl that's STD free anyway, so that wouldnt bother me.
Quote by Chad11491
I would rather have a pill than condoms any day o the week. And idk abou most guys but I'm in a relationship with a girl that's STD free anyway, so that wouldnt bother me.

glad to see you can relate.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
the fact that condoms make sex less enjoyable

I'm going to disagree with this statement. It feels different, with that I will agree but less enjoyable? nah

As for male hormonal birth control? There are risks of side effects and permanent damage i'm sure just as there are with birth control already widely available to females. I'm just not really on board with altering your physiological functions for a bit of pleasure. Frig it and wear a condom until you're in a relationship that just doesn't require it. My opinion (obviously) but to each their own when it comes to this kind of thing.
Quote by Harvey Swick
link? availability?

I heard it from a friend about 2-3 years back and he was the most geekiest and anal person when it comes to facts and sources I've ever met. No idea about the availability of it though
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Chad11491

Correction, you think your in a relationship a an STD free girl.
Wasn't there a Cracked article about birth control that talked about some plant guys would eat and it would make their sperm count zero, yet once they stopped eating it it would go back to normal?
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by Antis0cial
I heard it from a friend about 2-3 years back and he was the most geekiest and anal person when it comes to facts and sources I've ever met. No idea about the availability of it though

A quick search around indicates that while there are a number of possible male "pills" in research and development, there are not as of yet any on the market.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Butt Rayge
I don't get sex.

Doesn't apply.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Ive been waiting and hoping for something like this for a while. Some females, like myself, can not go on hormonal birth control, so itd be great to have this option. Hell, its just great to have options to begin with.

Lot of advantages for males and females.

Quote by Harvey Swick
i think it would still be popular even though you would till wear a condom for protection. it would make me feel a lot more secure personally if i wasnt in a relationship and was having intercourse with different women

sounds really cool. would that really be something Bill gates would fund? strikes me as weird but....

Yup, I was actually pretty excited about this a while back. I danno, it just struck me as really interesting the way it worked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8674380.stm
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Basically, they blast your balls with an ultrasound, and your sterile for six months, if I understand correctly.

Edit: Lol ninja'd, fail on my part.

Heres another report.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/13/ultrasound_grant/
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Last edited by Sirwinston89 at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by Vendetta V
plus condoms contribute towards the time you finish, the ticker ones make it less sensative and thus prolong the time

Not an issue if you're not a minute man.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Just get castrated TS.

Seriously though, there are condoms, birth control pills, morning after pills, shots etc. don't you think that's enough?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm going to disagree with this statement. It feels different, with that I will agree but less enjoyable? nah

I don't even want to have sex if I Have to use a condom. I'd rather get head or just go fap.

Condoms make sex feel horrible. Especially after years of never using one.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Grif22
Hormonal birth control wont have an effect on the transfer of many STIs. It would be a great money maker if it were advertised more, because many guys would go on it, until they realized they would still have to wear a condom, or run the risk of diseases.
Since condoms clearly prevent diseases too....

If you really think wearing a condom will prevent you from getting a disease, you're ignorant as shit.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

If you really think wearing a condom will prevent you from getting a disease, you're ignorant as shit.

This nigga serious?
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

(Invalid img)
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I don't even want to have sex if I Have to use a condom. I'd rather get head or just go fap.

Condoms make sex feel horrible. Especially after years of never using one.

69'ing is also a valid solution
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by wahappen
Not an issue if you're not a minute man.

this just bugs me, i used two condies today and lasted about 5 minutes on the first one (actually about 3 minutes went on changing the pose and whatnot, you know when you're out in wild you gotta be careful with your moves not to damage yourself :P) and about a minute with the second, got pissed off really hard...
Quote by Vendetta V
this just bugs me, i used two condies today and lasted about 5 minutes on the first one (actually about 3 minutes went on changing the pose and whatnot, you know when you're out in wild you gotta be careful with your moves not to damage yourself :P) and about a minute with the second, got pissed off really hard...

A nut is a nut my brother. Just look at the girl like:

Page 1 of 2