I need a guitar pedal, with an aggressive thrash metal tone. I can't specify the amp model, as I play through different tube amps in the rehearsal room. The guitar I currently use, and will be using for a while is a LTD: EX-401DX. The neck pick up is an EMG 60, and the bridge pick up is an EMG 81. My price range is $150 to $220. Any help would be appreciated.
Check out the Suhr Riot and the Okko Dominator.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Erm, you have a EMG guitar... but can't get a thrash tone? Maybe its the amp in question that's the problem?

That said...
I second the Suhr Riot... or what about the Rock Box Boiling Point (can't recall what this one costs tho).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i've heard good things about the blackstar tube distortion pedals, i haven't actually played one myself though. your best bet would probably be to go to a guitar shop and try out everything they have in there. also just a quick question, you said you were playing through different tube amps, none of these have decent thrash tones with a od/boost in front?
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I've tried the MXR Fullbore Metal and it was great for thrash and types of metal.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab