plz guys i really am confused between boss me 25 and Zoom G2.1nu. and vox tone lab st which is better in terms of sound and use during live gig. i cannot increase my budjet
Last edited by aki1111111 at Jul 7, 2011,
I'd think the Boss-Me 25. I have used both. But I wouldn't use any of em live. I use the Boss live, but I had to tweek a lot and assign to the right memory number. The zoom is harder to use live imo. The sound of the Boss is better I'd say as well and a bit easier to use.
I have an ME-25 but have never compared it against the Zoom. I'd suggest the RP355 since you are in the $200 price range. Also you might consider the Zoom G3 which is supposed to come out this month. It's three independant stomp boxes in one unit.
I have the Zoom G1 and it sounds really good through the headphones. Need to mess around with the settings a lot though. Also if u're playing through an amp, u need a really really plain clean amp that takes pedals well. When i use it through a Vox modelling amp, it sounds OK at best. However through the headphones, it sounds amazing.

I say get the me-25 since it's easier to use, especially live.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
For live gigs the zoom g3 or the rp355 will be the best. Take a look at those.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
For live gigs the zoom g3 or the rp355 will be the best. Take a look at those.

zoom g3 does not have an expression pedal and digitech stuff i dont like
Quote by fly135
I have an ME-25 but have never compared it against the Zoom. I'd suggest the RP355 since you are in the $200 price range. Also you might consider the Zoom G3 which is supposed to come out this month. It's three independant stomp boxes in one unit.

how is the recording feature of boss me 25
Have you listened to the new rp355? If you still don't like it, the g21nu is better than the me 25, IMO.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by aki1111111
how is the recording feature of boss me 25
Actually I haven't used the USB audio to record. The clips "Sneaky" and "Unsynced Jam" in my profile were recorded from the ME-25 by plugging the output into a Line 6 Backtrack recorder and using headphones to listen.
Quote by kutless999
Have you listened to the new rp355? If you still don't like it, the g21nu is better than the me 25, IMO.

rp 355 is little out of budget if i could stretch my budget that much i would get me 70 instead and plus digitech has tooo digital sounding
Quote by fly135
The RP355 is exactly the same price as the ME-25 and Zoom.

Prices in India zoom g21 nu - 220$
boss me 25 - 240$(without adapter)
rp 355 - 285$

HEY can i use any adapter 9v for boss me 25?.
and it seems you dont like your boss me 25 any specific reason.
I like the ME-25 because of the 38 sec looper and the Freeze effect. I like the RP355 because it has 3 footswitches and supports stompbox mode. Plus the RP355 has a drum machine. So it really boils down to priorities.

The Zoom G3 is new and hasn't made it to the stores yet. I especially like the G3 because it has a 40 sec looper, drum machine, and the drum machine is synced to the looper. The drum machine synced to the looper is a feature no other multifx has. I plan on buying one because of that. Like the ME-25 the G3 can be run on batteries. That means I can take my guitar, G3, and headphones to the park and jam out to drums and my rhythm tracks.

Since you mentioned live gigs I neglected to make and issue of the looper and drum machine features. But since asked about why I seemed to not push the ME-25, it's because the looper is it's best feature. The RP355 with it's stompbox mode is the most suitable for gigging.

If you can check to see if the Zoom G3 is available soon I would say wait for it. Musicians Friend has it listed as available 7/22.

Between the two you listed I would go for the ME-25 specifically because I'm a big looper fan. Those clips I mentioned above were improvised on the fly with the looper on the ME-25. IIRC the ME-25 uses a std Boss pedal type supply. I've been using mine with batteries as they seem to last a long time.