Page 1 of 3
keep all your hipness contained in this thread if you can help it, stories etc you know just general shit and how ****ing cool it is to be hip as **** damn thats tight

who do you think is the hippest person in the pit right now? not that id know who the **** you guys are on about when you say because this forum is far too mainstream for me to pay attention to it not even joking by the way
I thought you were kidding when you said you were gonna start this thread.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I hate labels. I guess people would consider me a hipster. I shop at H&M (Better than Urban Outfitters!) and I smoke American Spirits (which are seen as a hipster cigarette?? At least around here...) Most of the people where I live haven't heard of the bands I listen to, like the Strokes and Arctic Monkeys. That's only because they all only listen to crappy radio stations though.
Quote by bluekirby7
I thought you were kidding when you said you were gonna start this thread.

wasnt me who said it, it was some other guy but he doesnt have the cajones to do it
Quote by PotBellyShogun
wasnt me who said it, it was some other guy but he doesnt have the cajones to do it

Oh well in that case....
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
i'd tell you some hip stories, but the the references are a bit too obscure for you to get, TS
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
go away.....just go away.....
MAYBE I DO WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A 8 STRING DAISY ROCK GUITAR!!! OK SO!!

Quote by xSacrilegex
I hate old metal, I hate British metal.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
motherfucker i'd fuck that nigga's bitch ass up
i've got an idea, if you have a last.fm, paaste your taste and then we can compare just how ****ing hip everyone is do it fags

Tyler, the Creator, Aphex Twin, Earl Sweatshirt, Planningtorock, Animal Collective, Black Moth Super Rainbow, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Future Sound of London, OFWGKTA, Tobacco, SEMYoN, 808 State, Instra:mental, The Velvet Underground, Madvillain, Radiohead, Wagon Christ, Adam Johnson, The Go! Team, Richie Hawtin\Plastikman, Mogwai, Stevie Wonder, Luke Vibert, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Ween, Autechre, Primal Scream, Scuba, Magnificat, Colourmusic, Tubby McGraw, µ-Ziq, Bon Iver, LFO, Neutral Milk Hotel, MellowHype, Chaos A.D., Quinoline Yellow, The Space Cossacks, Grandaddy, Stiff Little Fingers, Flying Lotus, Plastikman, Joy Division, Nas, Gary Numan, Cut Chemist, Orgone, Crippled Black Phoenix, The Doors.
I've got two hips.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by PotBellyShogun
i've got an idea, if you have a last.fm, paaste your taste and then we can compare just how ****ing hip everyone is do it fags
You're actually serious, aren't you? And do you really think hipsters talk like that?

Edit: This video is relevant.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 7, 2011,
Dead Can Dance, Boards of Canada, Aesop Rock, Beherit, Animal Collective, Zelda Reorchestrated, Beach House, My Bloody Valentine, Ildjarn, Bathory, The Doors, Tom Waits, A Tribe Called Quest, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Death in June, Slowdive, Burzum, Neutral Milk Hotel, Morbid Angel, Sacramentum, Kraftwerk, Black Sabbath, Tangerine Dream, Summoning, Team Teamwork, MF DOOM, Impaled Nazarene, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Suffocation, At the Gates, Blaspherian, Camel, Aphex Twin, This Town Needs Guns, Fripp & Eno, Immolation, Carnivore, Lord Wind, Autumn's Grey Solace, Tame Impala, Lilys, Ludwig van Beethoven, Profanatica, Inquisition, Sleepy Sun, Necromantia, Godflesh, Miasmal, Portishead.

?
Quote by cptcomet
I've got two hips.

I had two hips before they were popular.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Duffman123
Didn't you make a terrible hipster thread before that got closed?

Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
I'm so hip, I knew about this thread before it even existed.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
You're clearly not a hipster due to you proclaiming it and all. Plus last.fm is 'bout as mainstream as it gets. Also, Mr. Entry Level Hipster Garbage, let's just list every single band p4k has a boner over and say that makes you a hipster.

Boom, roasted?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Deplorable
Dead Can Dance, Boards of Canada, Aesop Rock, Beherit, Animal Collective, Zelda Reorchestrated, Beach House, My Bloody Valentine, Ildjarn, Bathory, The Doors, Tom Waits, A Tribe Called Quest, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Death in June, Slowdive, Burzum, Neutral Milk Hotel, Morbid Angel, Sacramentum, Kraftwerk, Black Sabbath, Tangerine Dream, Summoning, Team Teamwork, MF DOOM, Impaled Nazarene, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Suffocation, At the Gates, Blaspherian, Camel, Aphex Twin, This Town Needs Guns, Fripp & Eno, Immolation, Carnivore, Lord Wind, Autumn's Grey Solace, Tame Impala, Lilys, Ludwig van Beethoven, Profanatica, Inquisition, Sleepy Sun, Necromantia, Godflesh, Miasmal, Portishead.

?

needs more "electronic", get some Autechre, Tri Repetae is a good album to start with
Quote by lushacrous
You're clearly not a hipster due to you proclaiming it and all. Plus last.fm is 'bout as mainstream as it gets. Also, Mr. Entry Level Hipster Garbage, let's just list every single band p4k has a boner over and say that makes you a hipster.

Boom, roasted?

>thinks being a hipster is a good thing

****ing hipsters.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
needs more "electronic", get some Autechre, Tri Repetae is a good album to start with

Chiastic Slide and Cichlisuite are all that interest me really.

You only have 3 or so more "electronic" bands listed than me anyway
Last edited by Deplorable at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by PotBellyShogun

Is this you, TS? Are you really this hip?

Quote by PotBellyShogun
>thinks being a hipster is a good thing

****ing hipsters.

>thinks doing this makes you an internet cool guy

Plus, any idea in your head of me being a hipster should be destroyed by the MGMT shit in my sig. Just trying to beat you at your own game
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by PotBellyShogun

that's not very hip. hipsters are too zen to get mad and insult people.

my favorite bands are:

Flametank
Keket
Ceres
Brian Perry & The 10 Minute Breakdowns
Having a Seizure
King of the Distant Forest
Toasty and the Toasters
Scarecrows from the Sky
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Deplorable

Really? I could not get into those two albums at all. Have you heard Amber?
Quote by Deplorable

You only have 3 or so more "electronic" bands listed than me anyway

Nah, there's a few more, it's my favourite "super-genre", that is to say, I prefer it to guitar based music.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
Really? I could not get into those two albums at all. Have you heard Amber?

Actually, no, I will check it though and I'll check Tri Repetae again, but I felt the next 2 were superior to it in form and melodic development, writing some really awesome musical journeys.
Page 1 of 3