Basically I want to jam with people but my amp at the moment won't cut it. I want to keep it but I was wondering if anyone could recomend a cheapish solid state amp that sounds decent. I did have a cube 30X before and it was nice but I would rather get a non-modelling amp so I can stick my pedals in without them sounding rubbish. Although I hear flextones are good?

Alternatively if a PA was available would it be better to get a multi-fx?

Bands I like foo fighters, biffy clyro, muse, queen, radiohead, acdc....

Basically most things apart from metal.

Budget would preferably be max of £200 (I would go used if needed)
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
A multi-fx is good through a PA. Generally, tube amps like pedals better.

Check out a Vox Valvetronix. Not sure how it handles pedals, but it is a damn good modelling amp.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If you can get your hand on a Flextone III, that'd be hot stuff. Otherwise, you can just get a Pod and run it direct into the PA.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I use to run a cheap Digitech RP100 trough the PA... It was much better than carrying my 70 lbs amplifier every time.
ZT Lunchbox
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by david-vbhc
Marshall avt's take boxes relativly well....

Reaaally?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I don't think you're going to find a decent SS amp that's not a modeller for 200 euros. Good SS amps usually cost a pretty penny, but are worth it.

A PA system is a clean system, and will not color your signal at all, meaning, it takes the signal from your pickups, and amplifies it, exactly, no coloration of it, like what a preamp, power amp, and speaker would do to it.

Usually sounds horrible, unless you run a preamp and a speaker emulation with it, it will sound like strangulating a cat with a barb wire fence while shaving it with a rusty spork.
You could probably pick up a laney 30 watt lc/vc series valve amp for not much more which would be loud as hell and take pedals great... if you go used
Hmm thanks for all the advice.

There is a flextone 2 on my local gumtree for £200..

Alternatively what would I need in order to mic my vox? I know this would only work if there was a PA.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Peavey Bandits are great SS amps if you are planning to run pedals. It has a really great clean sound. Also, im a big fan of the Flextones. obviously im a supporter of Vypyrs as well lol
You should be able to score a used Peavey ValveKing for well under that much. Not sure how much the markets vary, but here the 112 combos go for like $175 used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ok and what would I need in order to mic my vox?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4