Both guitars have very similar specs. Same EMG active 81/85 pickups, both mahogany bodies, Grover tuners, same bridge. They also both go for the same price of $500 from Guitar Center. The differences are the colors and body shapes.
I guess this is more of a preference/opinion situation. Which one would you prefer and why? I'm stuck between the two.

Hellraiser Deluxe:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-104989173-i1443064.gc

Damien Elite Avenger:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-Elite-Avenger-Electric-Guitar-H70193-i1710241.gc
I personally like the Damien more. I like the headstock more, the shape more, the color more.

And the fact that it's not a Hellraiser. The Hellraiser series has baseball bat necks.

However, the Avenger also has a maple neck. This will give you a bit more sustain and a brighter attack. So it's up to you.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 7, 2011,
Quote by Shinozoku
The Hellraiser series has baseball bat necks.

That's not even close to accurate. It's not an Ibanez wizard neck, but it's bu no means a baseball bat neck. It's easily comparable to an LTD, for example. I've had a lot of guitars, a Hellraiser being one of them, and I can say that it was hardly a fat neck.

I will say that the gloss finish on it is horrible for fast playing, just like other gloss necks. I don't know anything about the Avenger, except that it's a signature, so maybe there's an endorsement mark-up, but I'm not sure.
Quote by W4RP1G
That's not even close to accurate. It's not an Ibanez wizard neck, but it's bu no means a baseball bat neck. It's easily comparable to an LTD, for example. I've had a lot of guitars, a Hellraiser being one of them, and I can say that it was hardly a fat neck.

I will say that the gloss finish on it is horrible for fast playing, just like other gloss necks. I don't know anything about the Avenger, except that it's a signature, so maybe there's an endorsement mark-up, but I'm not sure.

The Avenger is NOT a signature. The Avenger SHAPE was used for the Synister gates sig, but the Avenger itself has been around since way before that.

I own an Edwards, and the neck is 29mm thick at the 12th fret. I like thick necks and I still found the Hellraiser necks to be too thick. Or maybe it's just cuz it felt like there was a half an inch of plastic on it. That's probably the case.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
The Avenger is NOT a signature. The Avenger SHAPE was used for the Synister gates sig, but the Avenger itself has been around since way before that.

I own an Edwards, and the neck is 29mm thick at the 12th fret. I like thick necks and I still found the Hellraiser necks to be too thick. Or maybe it's just cuz it felt like there was a half an inch of plastic on it. That's probably the case.

Oh I thought the Avenger was a signature guitar. It all comes down to preference really. I haven't played an Edwards, but I always imagined they would be better than an LTD or a Schecter. I don't know why Schecter felt the need to coat the neck so heavily. I do think it's a decent guitar USED(ie cheap) but with it's thick gloss finish and gaudy aesthetics, it's not as much a player guitar as it is a show-off guitar.

I'm not trying to say that either guitar is better, just that a lot of people tend to say the neck is like a baseball bat, when it's not even close. Maybe fatter than what's desired by many people, but saying it's a baseball bat is like comparing it to a Gibson 50s profile or a Telecaster. I don't think the Hellraiser neck is anywhere near those guitars.
The hellraiser does not have a baseball bat neck. Go grab an actual baseball bat and tell me they feel the same. Schecter necks in general are not MASSIVE. My EPI Standard with "slim tapered" neck is bigger then my schecter. They aren't Jackson or Ibanez necks but they aren't bad. Anyone who complains they are too big is a cry baby
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I'd go for the Avenger Damien Elite. The whole Damien Elite line is fantastic. I've played a Solo-6 Damien Elite and the regular C-1 Damien Elite. Very, very nice guitars for the price tag. Also, I believe the Avenger has an AANJ style bolt-on neck.

The Hellraiser Deluxe series has been discontinued. I think they're supposed to go for like $600, but MF and GC are trying to get rid of them. It might be a slightly nicer guitar, if you like the set-thru neck design over a bolt-on neck.
Quote by Shinozoku
I personally like the Damien more. I like the headstock more, the shape more, the color more.

And the fact that it's not a Hellraiser. The Hellraiser series has baseball bat necks.

However, the Avenger also has a maple neck. This will give you a bit more sustain and a brighter attack. So it's up to you.

Ummmm...i currently own a hellraiser the necks are very comfortable. there not baseball bats by any means....source on that one btw....

Personally you can't go wrong with hellraisers or damien elites. Schecter makes quality built instruments.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
I enjoy thick necks. I play lead guitar and shred stuff and I like them still. It's just personal preference. I would go with the hellraiser deluxe. I don't like the Avenger shape personally.
Schecter Omen-6 w/ Dimarzio D-Activator X/ Air Norton
Peavey Vypyr 30
I love the Avenger shape, i'd go with that.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

i would go for the Avenger. I prefer maple necks to mahogany and i think the shape is slightly more original. cant comment on the thickness of Hellraiser necks because ive only had the C-7 hellraiser
I'd go for the Hellraiser just because I can't stand the Avenger's God awful shape and the headstock. To be honest I can really on tolerate an Avenger if it has the Devil Head headstock or is a Synyster Custom.
Quote by fearofthemark
I love the Avenger shape, i'd go with that.

*looks at sig* opinionated much?
I love Avenged Sevenfold, but i don't personally care for the Avenger shape.
i'd go for the Hellraiser
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will go for the damien elite avenger. More unique shape, plus the maple neck, which I find better.