In a couple of days i will be getting an od pedal to use as a boost to my distortion for all around playing. i play mostly metal with an occasional classic rock song. I have $50-60 to burn and i am looking at the boss sd-1 super overdrive and the ibanez ts-7. Some advice between them and some suggestions within the price range would be nice.
you have a lot of options... most od pedals are based on the tubescreamer (or sd1, which is fairly similar though not identical), so most of the cheaper clones will do a similar job too.

what amp do you have? i apologise for asking this if you already have a kickass amp, but an od will only really do what you want if you already have a pretty high gain tube amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just have a crappy ss peavey, but the money is for my birthday so i don't have the chance to save it and use it for something else.
ah ok

i mean it might not do what you want, but if it's for your birthday and you can't save it, not much else you could do.

you could always consider a distortion pedal, that might work better with an ss amp

or else just get the od and at least you'll have it when you do eventually upgrade to a tube amp

i haven't tried the ts7, but as far as i'm aware it's basically a tubescreamer. the sd1, from what i can remember, is a bit more trebly and edgy-sounding, less smooth.

just really depends on what you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am planning on using it to boost my solos with it and would it work for adding a distortion boost to a low dist. level on the amp, because the high gain on it is almost static but if i could use the pedal to get the high gain that might fix my problem.
it just depends, really. boosting ss amps doesn't always work all that well. that's not to say it won't, just it might not. it's kinda one of those things you won't know until you've tried it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not too sure... maybe those gfs ones (they're rebranded biyangs, and in my experience they aren't too reliable, but they sound pretty good), tonerider british distortion is pretty good, joyo is getting some good press at the moment (but you'd probably have to order online, maybe even from abroad, which means you're screwed if you don't like it), etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?