My cousin has a 90's Ibanez EX 3700 that I'm trying my damndest to trade him out of and he won't come off of it, basically it's a poor man's prestige.
I've got a 98 MIM Fender strat I mahogany stained.
Can someone please tell me that my Fender isn't that bad of a guitar?
Cusp of Magic
It's no Ibanez lol
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I personally wouldn't trade any guitar I owned. They have sentimental value, but that's just me.
It's a Korean Ibanez, it's no Prestige, and I don't think Korean guitars were as good as they are now back then, but I'm not sure.

If you really want a Korean Ibanez, get an S470 or something for $300 used. It's a good guitar, especially for that price, just needs a pickups swap.

Just let your cousin have is Ibanez, if he doesn't want to trade, that's his business.
Quote by W4RP1G
It's a Korean Ibanez, it's no Prestige, and I don't think Korean guitars were as good as they are now back then, but I'm not sure.

If you really want a Korean Ibanez, get an S470 or something for $300 used. It's a good guitar, especially for that price, just needs a pickups swap.

Just let your cousin have is Ibanez, if he doesn't want to trade, that's his business.

Any newer Ibanez with XXXX [4 numbers] in the model name is a Prestige, regardless of where it was made. The S series Prestige isn't MIJ, for example.

EDIT: This guitar isn't a newer model...this post is full of fail!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jul 7, 2011,
It's not a Prestige. It's a cheaper older model with so much quality made in Korea that that's why I called it a poor man's prestige lol.
Cusp of Magic
Aside from the fact he might like his guitar more. without seeing it, maybe your guitar has a terrible refinish? you could always add cash into the bargain if you must have it.

ORRRR grow a long thin mustache and try some Dick Dastardly/ Snidely Whiplash $hit on him and dupe him out of it in some kind of wacky race via land, sea or air
Mexican Strats are quality guitars. Whether it's a good trade for that Ibanez all depends on the model and whether your cousin has use for a strat.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Again, the model is an Ibanez EX 3700. I mean, the lo trs floyd rose stays in tune it and even flutters pretty good.
Cusp of Magic