Sooo... recently, I noticed that my PC starts slowing down whenever I go to YouTube or start a videogame, even those smaller online games (Addicting Games, Y8...).

It's like - everything works fine for approximately 5 seconds, but for the next 5 seconds it's lagging immensely, and then just over and over again. While it's lagging like that, one of the fans (I think it's a fan, probably CPU's... maybe it could be something else, idk) sounds more quiet than usual, like it's slowing down or something. Also, everytime I turn the PC on, it's sounds really loud, but calms down after a minute or so.

Btw, the CPU is an Intel Celeron 1.7GHz, the entire PC is eight years old (I know, like... 'what the f*** are you talking about, just get a new one...' ), and the system was reinstalled less than a month ago.

So, my question is, should i just try (vacuum) cleaning the fans (if it's them) or do something software-wise? Also, what else could it be, if it's not the fans?

P.S. English is not my first language, so... don't be a Nazi, k?
Be very careful with a vacuum. Buy canned air instead to blow it out. Don't touch the board AT ALL either. just blow around the CPU fan/heatsink.

software-wise;
press windows key+r and type msconfig
On startup and services disable anything you do not use often. Google things you are unsure of.

Also download "system information for windows".
Then look at sensors and it'll tell you how hot the computer is running. Old computers could be around 50-60 degrees if it's dusty. I have an old pentium and that'll idle at 50 with very good ventilation. I really need to replace it.

It really depends on how old your computer actually is to see if it's worth upgrading. You can buy very good computers quite cheaply these days.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Jul 7, 2011,
It's probably the fans.

Change it/them before your whole motherboard bursts in flames.
"-How do you feel about libraries?"
"-I hate them."
"-Well, not anymore!"
*Cue commercial tune*
Track Library! - A library, for tracks. Ain't that somethin'?
Buy a can of compressed air at Wal-Mart or something, open up the case and blow out the fans. Download CCleaner (google it) and run the disk cleaner and registry cleaner. Uninstall any useless programs and disable programs you don't use all the time from running at boot up.

That pretty much covers it, besides BUYING A NEW ONE :P

Hope it works out for ya.
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
Quote by BringMeTheDerp
Buy a can of compressed air at Wal-Mart or something, open up the case and blow out the fans. Download CCleaner (google it) and run the disk cleaner and registry cleaner. Uninstall any useless programs and disable programs you don't use all the time from running at boot up.

That pretty much covers it, besides BUYING A NEW ONE :P

Hope it works out for ya.

I know, I have that thing. TuneUp Utilities, too. So, basically, there's nothing unwanted going on

tnx
Quote by Silent Murder
Be very careful with a vacuum. Buy canned air instead to blow it out. Don't touch the board AT ALL either. just blow around the CPU fan/heatsink.

software-wise;
press windows key+r and type msconfig
On startup and services disable anything you do not use often. Google things you are unsure of.

Also download "system information for windows".
Then look at sensors and it'll tell you how hot the computer is running. Old computers could be around 50-60 degrees if it's dusty. I have an old pentium and that'll idle at 50 with very good ventilation. I really need to replace it.

It really depends on how old your computer actually is to see if it's worth upgrading. You can buy very good computers quite cheaply these days.

Yeah, I know, I'm just lazy to look for it

tnx